Breathing

Whitney's POV

I was enjoying my time with Jazz. She was opening her eyes and wiggling in my arms. When Michael would hold her she would smile a little. She grabbed my finger a few times and that made my heart melt. Her little hand squeezing my fingers. I was in love with her. She was beautiful and so tiny.

"Mikey, how you feel being a Daddy?" Randy asked. He had finally finished his salami stick.

"Good." Michael was beaming.

"Look at that." Randy pointed to us. "Jasmine has a crotch grabber for a father and a chocolate milk breasted women for a mom. Perfect family."

It's a routine. Randy says something dumb and everyone stares. Michael bursted out laughing. He was laughing so hard that no noise came, he only sat there squirming in his seat and clapping.

"I can't with you, Randy." Michael let out between snickers.

I just shook my head and looked back down at Jasmine who was grunting. I frowned at her and kissed her forehead.

"Whitney, you're gonna be so tired." Katherine shook her head and smiled at Michael's hysteria.

"I know. I'm tired now." I said feeling Jasmine grunt again.

"Why is she grunting?" My mother asked with a worried expression.

"How am I supposed to know?" I asked getting aggravated.

"When does Susan come back?" Rebbi asked.

"In about five minutes actually." I said looking at the clock. "Babe, put her back in the bin."

"Babe?" Randy looked at me as Michael put her in the bin. "What happened to baby, love, sweetheart, darling, honey, Mikey, Nippy, sweetie, cupcake, Queen, King..."

"Okay. Baby, love, sweetheart, darling, honey, Mikey, sweetie, cupcake, King, can you please put Jasmine back in the bin?" I said to satisfy him. That sent Mikey back in hysterics.

"That's so much better." Randy exhaled in relief. "Babe sound like you're say 'Get the freak out of my face.'"

"Anyway, Michael, I told Pablo to make you a salad with pickles. Just for a snack. Late night snack actually." I told him when he calmed down.

"How do you know I like pickles in my salad?" He asked.

"Because I know my man." I said.

"What's my favorite color?" He asked playfully.

"Red." I answered immediately.

"Favorite animal?"

"Crocodile."

"A friggin crocodile?" He looked at me.

"Yes." I nodded.

"No. It's monkeys." He said. "I think we might have to sign for a divorce."

"No." I say in a baby voice.

He laughed and give me a peck on the lips and stared at Jasmine when she grunted a few times loudly.

"Michael, Whitney, how are you feeling?" Susan burst through the door and closed it.

"Jasmine, her breathing isn't right. She's grunting a lot." I answered.

Susan walked over to Jasmine and pressed on her stomach lightly. She removed her hand and looked at me.

"She swallowed some fluid. It's running through her lungs making it difficult to breathe. I'm afraid we're gonna have to put her in ICU. A place where babies go when something is wrong so that they could be helped in the best way possible." Susan said.

I threw my head back on the pillow and groaned. This is not happening. My baby is having trouble breathing?! That's not good! I'm getting agitated, sad, anxious, tired, and hurt.

Susan gave me a sympathetic look before wheeling my baby out of the room. It was deadly quiet. I was trying to hold the tears back.

"Can everyone leave?" I asked a little harshly.

"Sure, baby." My mother said getting up.

"Love you." Mostly everyone said that as the left.

It was only me and Mikey in the room. After a few minutes Randy burst back through the door and ran over to us.

"Hey, I'll bring both of you salami sticks. It helps. And Michael don't be mean. Cause I'll create a tornado. Whitney tell me if he's being a pain." He whispered.

"I'll keep that in mind." I said.

"Okay." Randy kissed my forehead and kissed Michael's cheek.

"Randy?!" Mike moved away from him.

"Love you guys, don't ever let me see you cry." He sang playfully skipping out the door.

There was a heavy silence between me and Michael. I can hear the quiet sobs racking up in his chest. I wanted so badly to let out my pain out in thick tears.

"Whitney, it's okay to cry." He touched my hand.

I looked at him and smiled. Right now I honestly didn't want to be bothered. I didn't want to cry in front him. I'm a strong women now because I just pushed a baby from inside of me. I would wait for Mike to leave and I'll shed tears. All the tears until I was dry.

-I felt the same way when my bro was in ICU. 😢 . It's really sad knowing that he might stop breathing. 😔 . But he's fine. 😌 .

-Anyway, did you like? 💙 I was running out of ideas so this is the best I could do right now. 🙆 .

-ChunkyMonkey🙊