10

"Phoenix!!!!" A voice roared.

She couldn't open her eyes. She felt soaked with blood. She was shaking all over. Her shirt was tattered. And her wings were gone. Her human wings that let her fly in human form. She would never have the chance to do that again.

"Phoenix!!!! No....no...no!!!!" The voice roared again.

Finally opening her eyes, she sees her master standing above her with pain in his eyes. If she had just a pinch of strength she would reach over and claw his ankles to smitherings.

"I'm so so sorry, Phoenix. Please forgive me. This isn't what I wanted. The man was supposed to keep you confined. Keep you safe until I returned with your friends, but he was a sick man with poaching on his mind. I'm so sorry!" He says.

Phoenix was utterly shocked. Her master never wanted this to happen? He got her friends back?

"Your friends followed your scent here, but they wanted to all stay by the car. They seem very calm on the subject." Her master says.

Thats right, Phoenix thought weakly, they are being mind controlled.

For now, Phoenix couldn't ask how her master got them out, but atleast her friends were safe.

As she recalled, her friend's actions were controlled but not their thoughts. No wonder they stayed near the car. Someone is forcing them. What if they go back to the white house?

Her master picks her up softly. He tries his best to avoid touching her back but its inevidable and pain surges painfully through her.

When they get to the car, her friends are all there. Rabbit, Wolf, and Tiger. Their faces shows shock and anger, but they stay where they are. Tiger shows a face full of fury, but he stays near his friends.

"I wonder why your friends won't help me out." Master says aloud.

Suddenly Rabbit moves forward, stumbling a bit. Her face shows emotion again. She gasps.

"I can control myself again. Oh, Phoenix!!! Who the hell did this to you?? I'm so sorry we weren't there to protect you. In the time I have without control I might as well tell you that we're being mind controlled!! They put chips in our legs and trackers on our arms. We're being watched constantly. Who knows how your master got around security so well!" Rabbit cries out, helping carry her.

Wolf and Tiger are still neutral. They aren't being freed yet.

They set Phoenix in the master's car gently. Blood quickly seeps into the seat.

"She's lost so much blood." Rabbit exclaims, "Hurry and help me wrap her up!"

Suddenly a roar is heard. Tiger rushes to Rabbit's side. "I am getting this chip out now!! How dare they think they can control us!!" And with that he grabs his pocket knife and jams it into his ankle.

"Tiger, what are you doing?! That's crazy!" Rabbit exclaims, but Tiger has already gotten the chip out. Next he smashes the tracker on his arm against rocks countless times until it snaps in two.

Phoenix is wrapped in gauze by her master quietly. She couldn't imagine how much anger must be rushing about Tiger's mind.

Suddenly, hands touch Phoenix's hand. Tiger's hand.

"Who did this to you?" He asks soft as ever.

"A man. An evil man." Phoenix whispers.

Tiger tightens his grip on her hand. "I'll find him." And then he's gone.

This book is a contest. Whoever can finish it with a good ending gets this book as their own!