Chapter 19

Takeoff

When I woke up the next morning and I was in the last spot that I remember being, laying across the bottom of Y/N's bed. The TV wasn't on anymore and the room was dark. The only sound that I could hear was the sound of her breathing. I sat up on the bed and I guess my moving woke her up cause she picked her head up off the pillow and looked at me through squinted eyes.

"Are you leaving?" She asked in a low voice.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and looked at the long list of messages, missed called, and voicemails that I received while I was asleep. "I don't have to," I said slipping the phone back into my pocket.

She nodded and laid her head back down. I don't know how I'm supposed to take that but I'll take it as her asking me to stay cause I know as soon as I answer one of these missed calls it's gonna be a whole bunch of shit because I wasn't answering the phone last night. I laid back down but a few minutes later I felt someone poking me in my side. I turned and looked at Y/N and saw that she was nudging me with her foot.

"What?" I asked her

"I need you to lay right." She replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Lay normal," she started drawing a line on the bed next to her in the direction that she wanted me to lay. I got up and went around to the other side of the bed. "and take all that stupid jewelry off."

I did what she asked and pulled off all of my chains, my watch, and the rings that I had on and put them on the night stand on the side of the bed I was standing on. It never crossed my mind why I was so comfortable here. I would never do no shit like this anywhere else.

I laid down on the bed and as soon as I got myself comfortable she moved over and laid her head on top of my chest. 'what the hell is going on with her?' She's never done anything like this before with me or honestly ever. I've never seen her in a relationship but she's never been affectionate or emotional in any way with any one.

"you comfortable?" I asked her.

She reached up and put her hand over my mouth. "I'm in a very calm space right now...dont fuck it up okay."

I nodded and she took her hand away from my mouth and made herself comfortable laying on top of me. It wasn't long before she was softly snoring again. We stayed like this for most of the day. She only got out of bed to use the bathroom and get food from the kitchen. It was comfortable just laying around eating and watching tv.

She was leaning back against the headboard eating a bowl of grapes that was balancing on top of her stomach. I laid there watching her eat. "What are you staring at me like that?" Y/N asked before she put another grape in her mouth. I was about to open my mouth to speak but the bowl on top of her stomach moved. It was just a little bit, not enough to knock it over but it moved enough to where we could both notice it.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"he's moving." She replied simply.

"well...can I touch it?" I asked. "is that okay?"

"yeah sure," she moved the bowl and gave me enough room to touch her stomach. I laid my hand on her stomach and I could feel him flipping around in there like he was getting ready to jump out.

"you can feel this right?" I asked her. She nodded and started pushing on her stomach with her hand. once she stopped he started moving like crazy, like he was mad at her for poking at him. this isnt the first time I've felt a baby move; I was older when my mom and my aunts had their kids so ive been around pregnant woman before but I don't know what it is about feeling him move but I felt like my heart was going to bust out of my chest.