Chapter 51

Y/N

I like staying up late. I don't know why it's just something that I always did. Kirsnick was gone so I had the bed to myself and I could watch whatever I wanted on TV and I didn't have to watch the football game tonight because he wasn't home. The kids were asleep so I got to each ice cream by myself. Everything was peaceful until I heard the pop. I didn't register in my mind what the noise was, because before it pierced the air it was so quiet.

It happened again and I got out of the bed and walked over to the window. Our bedroom window looked out into the backyard and there was a small balcony that I could walk out onto and sometimes when kirsnick and the kids would be in the backyard I would sit there and watch them play, but now in the middle of the night it was pitch black and I couldn't see anything through the darkness.

I stood there for a moment then I turned and walked away from the window and not even two seconds after I moved away from the window it shattered. I threw myself down on the floor and use my hands to cover my head. Then I heard another pop, and another one, and another one, and after the fourth it finally registered in my mind what the noise was.

Gunshots.

They were shooting at me. They were shooting at my house and my kids are here. My babies are asleep in the room down the hall and they're shooting.

I got up; it wasn't the smart thing to do but my mind was too focused. I had to get down the hallway to my kids. All I could think about was where my kids were. I got up and I ran out into the hallway. I could see their door at the other end. It was just a few feet. I could make it there if I just ran fast enough.

The hallway was situated up above foyer and there was a portion of it that crossed over it like a sky walk. It was my favorite part of the house and ultimately the reason why we decided to buy it. I started running down the hallway but as soon as I stepped out into the open space the gunshots started up again. I back up and sat down on the floor against the wall. There was a vase positioned directly across from me that held a bunch of fake flowers. It was a ugly vase to me but the interior designer swore up and down that we just had to have it to complete the space. It was shattered now. I had been standing right in front of it just a second ago.

"are you crazy?" I heard a voice say.

"you said keep her in place," he said.

"i said make sure she's not running around the house. You almost shot her! We aint here to kill nobody I just want my shit." the first voice. He had to be the leader of the bunch.

"Y/N, this isnt about you okay, and this isnt personal either. Your mama owes me some money and I'm just going what I need to get what I want." he said. "you're sitting there on the floor. Stay there and you wont get hurt."

I saw the door at the other end of the hallway open and a tall man wearing dark clothes walk out of their room and he was holding my son. Behind him was another man holding armani, and then the nursery door swung open and another man came out into the hallway holding kiara close to his chest.

"No!" I got up but before I could start running toward them gunshots had me stuck lying on the floor. Who does this? Who comes into someone home in the middle of the night to take their kids? What kind of monster is this?

"stay where you are." said the voice again. From where I was lying I was too scared to lift my head and try to look at his face. "this is outside my comfort zone. I'm a drug dealer by choice, and I never liked kids but I'm gonna borrow yours and when I get what I want you can have them back. As far as what I'm looking for, you can ask your mother she knows."

And then they left. They took my babies and walked right out the front door and I could do anything but lay there on the floor while this stranger took me kids. I lifted my head from the floor and got up slowly. They left the door wide open and things were toppled over and broken.

"no,"

"Y/n," I looked down over the railing and my mother was standing there, face bruised and bloody and I hate to say it but whatever they did to her wasn't enough. My kids are gone and it's her fault.

I ran into thier room and turned the light on as if it was all just a dream and when I got there, they would be asleep in their beds, but they weren't. They were gone.

I turned around and ran back into the room. I grabbed my phone off the bed. Kirsnick picked up on the third ring. I remember the last time I called him like their hysterical and crying. The last time I did I felt so bad afterwards because I knew that me panicking like that probably made his nerves so bad before he had to turn around and get on a long flight home, and I said that I would never get like that again because he's already on edge when he goes out of town. He texts me all day and calls whenever he can just to check on us because he doesn't want things like this to happen, and even with all of the steps that we take to make sure we're safe something like this still happened.

"babe come home. You gotta come home! Please come home!"