3 - Wake Up Call

A sharp tugging on my hair jerks me awake from my deep slumber. The tugging becomes more forceful and I fall off of my bed face first. Dark brown shoes meet my confused gaze as I move my eyes up to stare at my dad. His cold eyes peer down on me.

   "Get up!" He barks an order.

   I quickly scramble to my feet. He never wakes me up in the morning. I check the time on my alarm clock next to my bed. Six in the morning. School doesn't start for another hour and a half. Oh god. What did I do? There must be some reason that he's waking me up this early.

   "Get dressed. We have to go to cemetery to answer some questions." Dad pushes me towards  my dresser. Nearly tripping over my feet, I slam my side into the corner. Just another bruise to hide.

   "Questions?" I quietly ask, afraid to tick him off in any way.

   Dad crosses his arms. "The grave robbery last night. This is all your fault. You should have stopped the robber."

   Grave robbery? The memories from last night all come rushing back to me like a ton of bricks. Dad wanders out of my room and I swiftly move to stand in front of my full length mirror. I push my sweater off of my shoulder, expecting to see teeth marks from where Derek bit me, instead I just find smooth skin. Was that part just a dream? Nonetheless, I exhale in relief.

   Afraid to get in more trouble, I scramble to put decent clothes on. Tossing my pajamas to the corner of my room, I change into a pair of jeans and a black sweater. No one will pay attention to me if I don't wear clothes that draws in attention. I step into my only pair of converse, tucking the laces in.

   Someone knocks on my bedroom door and I jump in fear, expecting to see my dad. Isaac pushes my bedroom door open all the way, brows in a tight line. "Hey, what happened last night?"

   I scoop up my purse from the floor. "I was going to ask you the same thing."

   Isaac peers out in the hallway before quietly shutting us inside. "What do you remember?"

   "All of it." My fingers subconsciously brush against my shoulder.

   Isaac's eyes follow my hand movement. "I don't remember what happened after he bit me."

   "Maybe- Maybe he didn't bit us." I push my bangs to the side. "We've had the same dreams before. What if we got knocked out during the robbery and nothing else happened? I mean, come on. Werewolves don't exist."

   "Y-Yeah." Isaac frowns, staring out of the only window in my room. "I just really wanted to escape from all of this."

   My heart tugs at the sad expression on my brother's face. "Dad's waiting on us. We should go."

+

   "Don't say anything that you aren't supposed to." Dad whispers for the tenth time since we've arrived at the crime scene.

   Sheriff Stilinski strolls over to the three of us, a small notebook in his hands. "Mind if I ask you two some questions?" Isaac and I shake our heads. "What's your names?"

   "It's Lahey. Isaac Lahey." My brother speaks first.

   "Chloe Lahey." I say almost in a whisper.

   Sheriff Stilinski nods his head while writing our names down. "You work for your father, Isaac and Chloe?"

   "When they're not in school. Which is where they needs to be in twenty minutes." Dad folds his arms across his chest. I was the misfortunate one to end up standing next to him. He won't do anything in public, but the constant fear of him is still present.