16 - Matt's The One

Scott and I find Stiles slumped up against a pillar next to a small pool outside with a dazed look in his eyes. What is in that drink? I crouch down by him, my face still stained with tears. I sobered right up after that devastating hallucination. I literally cried in Scott's arms for ten minutes.

    All of it felt so real. I felt the warm blood soaking into the knees of my jeans. Isaac's body felt heavy as I held him up. My mom- she- she looked so real. She sounded real. What if Isaac really feels that way? Am I as bad as mom had said? 

   Scott holds a bottle of water in front of Stiles. "Stiles, look at me. Drink the water. Stiles, drink it. Something's happening, and I need you to sober up right now." 

   "Come on, Stiles." I shake his shoulder. Stiles just moves his head around, aimlessly.

   A girl in a red shirt leans over to us. "What do you think you are doing? You want to sober him up fast, that's not the way to do it."

   I share a look with Scott. "You can do better?"

   "I can do best." The girl grabs Stiles and dunks him in the pool head first. Was that really the best idea? He didn't even get to hold his breath. She lifts him back up and he leans back against the bricks. "Whoo! How do you feel?"

   Stiles gasps for air with water soaked through the top part of his body. "Like, I might have to revisit my policy on hitting a girl."

   "He's sober." She confirms. 

   "Look, Stiles, something is going on here. I had a weird hallucation and so did Chloe. I think it has to do with that drink Lydia was passing around." Scott rushes to say as he looks around. Everyone has that drink in hand. Is it affecting them the same?

   Stiles furrows his brows then sighs. "That explains what I saw." He climbs to his feet, tugging on his soaked shirt. "Alright. How about this? We split up and look Lydia. She's got to be around her somewhere."

   Scott nods. "Yeah, alright. Chloe, who do you want to go with?"

   Caught off guard by the question, I gape at the two boys awaiting my answer. "Uh- Scott." I shyly point to him. 

   "Good luck." Stiles says before disappearing in the crowd. 

   "Come on." Scott grabs my hand and I surprisingly don't jerk it back. I think from those few times he's been there with me, I've slowly warmed up to him. I did risk my life to save his the other night. We storm in the house, the same question on our tongues. "Has anyone seen Lydia?"

   I stay close behind him, our hands keeping us connected. "Lydia? Hey, have you seen Lydia? Lydia!"

   We squeeze through the crowded living room. Everyone in here is either dancing out or making out. I whip my head back and forth, expecting to see her strawberry blond head moving throughout the crowd. Where could she be? This is her party after all. 

   "Lydia?" Scott pulls me upstairs. "Lydia, are you up here?"

   "I don't hear her." I tell him. 

   Scott sighs, running his free hand through his hair. "Yeah, I don't either."

   "Maybe Stiles found her." I suggest with a small amount of hope in my voice.

   Scott half nods. We head back downstairs, dodging stupid teenagers making out. A random guy runs by us, acting as if he was high. The drink did this to them, did this to us. We break through the mass of drunk teenagers and find our way back outside. 

   Stiles catches up with us. "Hey, I can't find her. And, dude, anyone who drank that crap, they're freaking out."

   "I can see that." Scott states as a bunch of people jump in the pool, fully clothed.