21 - Shirt and Shoe

The boy's locker room is not a place I ever really wanted to visit. A room full of sweaty boys and bad odor has never been my type of thing. I never expected to find myself going in there willingly. Coach gave me a heavy glare, but he's too worried about everything else to worry about a girl in his locker room. Sheriff Stilinski, who was able to get his job back, lead us in the locker room to get away from the chaos on the field. The EMTs are currently escorting Jackson's body to the hosipital along with Mrs. McCall. 

   Lacrosse players change out of their uniforms and slowly start to leave to go home. Tonight must have been so confusing for them. They did win, which is great and all, but one of their teammates died.

   Mr. Stilinski holds a small pad and a pen in his hand. "I've got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means-" He falls short of what to say, a sad look on his face. "The hell, I don't know what that means. Um - look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him-"

   I step forward, out of my comfort zone and in the literal sense, and wrap him in a quick embrace. "We'll call you." I step back, nodding. Mr. Stilinski is so torn up about his son being missing. 

   "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott says in a calm voice.

   Mr. Stilinski partially nods his head. He's freaking out on the inside. I just know it. Any normal person would. "Yeah. I'll see you, okay?"

   Where could Stiles be? Jackson is obviously ruled out of having him. Gerard is gone and I wouldn't doubt it if he took him. Why? I'm not sure. Gerard seems to always have a plan, this must be part of it. 

   Coach wanders over to us with a ball in his hand. "McCall. We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

    Isaac and I lean up against the lockers. I'm hoping he's glad that he decided staying was best. I'd hate myself if I found out that Scott had to deal with all of this by himself. Not only does he have to be a high schooler, but he has to protect everyone he cares about, while hiding the fact that he is a werewolf. 

   "Yeah, I know, coach." Scott replies. 

   "All right." Coach turns to walk off and decides to say something else first. "I mean, I - I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we - I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

   "I will." Scott promises.

   "I know." Coach trails out of the locker room with two guys behind him. The door shuts quietly. 

   "Is that everyone?" Scott asks.

   Isaac walks forward a little bit to make sure everyone is gone. "I think so."

   Scott grabs a locker door with both hands and rips it right off of the hinges. He drops it to the floor. I step away from the lockers. Inside of the locker, clothes hang from the hook and I instantly catch Stiles' scent.

   Isaac spins back around, noticing the now bent locker door on the floor. "You're gonna find him by scent?"

   "Yeah, we both are." Scott grabs a plaid shirt and one of the shoes. He hands the smelly shoe to my brother.

   "What about me?" I look inside the locker.

   Scott peers at me. "I have something else in mind for you later."