Chapter 5

Hey good people of Wattpad, how are we enjoying the season? I hope we're all keeping safe?  Thank you for all the comments in the previous chapters. I hope you'd enjoy this chapter too.❤️❤️❤️❤️

Christy's POV.

I coughed uncontrollably as a result of the food stuck on my gut. I swallowed a countless number of times to push the food down but it wasn't yielding, Mercy ran quickly to her office to get me a bottle of water. I took in a large gulp and continued coughing. I felt my eyes water as I coughed and a few drops of water poured on my desk soaking some of the papers I had printed out. I laid my head on my desk for a few seconds as I tried to catch my breath. When I was settled, I lifted my head and eyes to my boss and saw amusement in his face. Oh so my near death experience is funny to him?

"Do you now see why I told my father not to hire a moron for me? Do you? How can you so carelessly soak the papers I have been waiting nearly two hours for? How?"

"I was choking Sir," I screamed as I felt tears threaten to drop.

"I pity you," He said disdainfully and left for his office. I brought myself together and followed him to his office with the rest of the papers that weren't soaked.

I placed them on his table and went to reprint the others that got wet. Few minutes later I returned to his office with the remaining papers and found all the other papers I had earlier carried to him on the floor!

"Christiana what the hell is wrong with you?" He screamed and I closed my eyes forcing his voice away from my head and calming my anger down. I opened my eyes and realized that even my own anger refused to obey me, I can bet my eyes are red.

"What did I do wrong Sir? Why would you be treating me this way on my first day?" I asked with a lot of anger evident in my voice.

"What exactly did you do?" He asked not even minding that I was fuming.

"Exactly what you asked me to do?" I replied giving him a matching glare. He took a deep breath closing his eyes and running his hands through his hair before saying,

"Get Out!"

I threw the papers I was holding to the floor and left his office still very angry and I didn't care I had no idea what I had done wrong.

I sat down for the next few hours thinking of nothing in particular. I listened attentively to know when I'd be needed and for the remaining hours, I wasn't needed.

"Christy," I heard my name and looked up to see Mercy sneaking. I burst out in laughter but quickly stifled it.

"Wetin you dey do like this?" I asked her still trying to hold in my laughter.

"Forget," she waved me off with a laugh before pulling a seat to sit down.

"How far are you done? It's closing time." She told me checking her wrist watch.

"Wow, I had no idea," I said getting up from my chair, "me I don't understand this kind of work I came to do. What kind of animal is the CEO of this company?" I asked as I put my things in order.

"Thank God you were there when his father handed over to him." Mercy answered sarcastically, earning her a laugh from me.

"Let me goan tell him I'm going," I told her before leaving to Mr. Wright's office.

I entered into his office and met it as beautiful as it originally was. Apparently, he had picked up the papers he scattered everywhere on the floor and kept them in order. His office was clean and organized and I bet he swept it. But I didn't care. He was standing by his huge windows, looking in to the city with his arms folded and his back facing me. He looked so lost no wonder he didn't hear me knock and come in.

I cleared my throat twice to alert him but he didn't bulge and I began to wonder what was going on in his head. Is he planning on keeping me here? I asked myself and prayed against that.

"Sir," I called when it was obvious he still hadn't acknowledged my presence.

"It's closing time so I'm taking my leave." I told him and waited for him to reply.  He ignored me for a while before nodding.

I came out of his office with a very serious look on my face.

"What took you so long and why is your face like this?" Mercy asked with a lot of concern on her face.

"Can you imagine? He asked me to wait till nine!" I said with all seriousness determined to get a reaction from her.

"Nine what? E be like say all of you dey mad." It seems like you're all mad. She said and got up ready to barge into Mr. Wright's office to challenge him.

"Wait, wait, wait," I stopped her laughing seriously.

"No be so, no be so, make we dey go." It's not true. Let's go home. I told her and pulled her out.

As always, drop a comment, vote and share.