Chapter 17

Henrik's POV.

My eyes lingered more than it should on table far away from me. I lifted my glass to my lips and took a swing of the content. The night seemed good and I had a lot of good hormone rushing through my veins. Who knew what those ladies were talking about, why did they seem so happy? And the other ladies on the table, who were they? Christiana didn't seem like one with so much friends. But then again she crawled out from a ghetto didn't she? So she must have a few friends. I watched as she whipped her head to my direction for the second time, great. Now she knows I'm in the same restaurant as she and I've been staring all evening.

"Bro, you've been caught staring." Kelvin nudged me, damn! I totally forgot he was beside me.

"You know you aren't supposed to be distracted right? Dad really needs those reports by tomorrow's night and that's what you came here to do, remember?" He reminded me. I looked at him wondering what gave him the guts to put me under undue pressure.

"I'm not a kid Kel, dad knows how I don't like to be pushed about. So he'd get the reports when he does okay?"

"I hear you Henrik Wright, though I wonder what caught your attention all night long." He said and followed my eyes till he caught sight of what I was looking at.

"Damn! I see." He jeered adjusting his seat to get a better look.

"A table full of black beauties, wow, Rick you are smitten. Who knew a black woman would get you so enchanted."

"Shut up," I said rolling my eyes at what he said. "I'm not smitten okay, I'm only observing, observing my assistant." I said taking my eyes back to her table.

"You mean Christy is on that table? Well I'll be damned. Come on let's go say hello." He said trying to get up.

"No way," I snorted.

"My man are you shy? You've been staring all evening go say hello." He insisted and I just looked on at him wondering how many nuts were let loose in his head.

"If you're not going, I'd go." He said before finally rising to his feet. I sighed and opened my mouth to discourage him when I noticed one of the girls making her way towards us.

"Whoa," he sat down immediately, his eyes sparkling in the dim light like a child awaiting a trophy.

"Is that goddess making her way towards us?" Even I wondered the same thing.

"Hi," her voice floated in the air sounding like strings playing a beautiful tune.

"Hi," Kelvin replied before I could not minding the fact that he wasn't the one they were referring to.

She smiled displaying a white set of perfect teeth.

"I noticed you've been staring at our table so I decided to come say hello." She said bringing her attention back to me.

"Wow, didn't know women to be this cheap these days. Aren't I supposed to be the one making the first approach?" I asked letting my eyes meet hers for the first time, I got to admit she was really beautiful.

But not as beautiful as Christiana

What?

"Well....," She hesitated for a while before continuing, "life is too short to take note of who is cheap and who isn't."

"Pardon my brother sweetie, he just has a way with words. I'm Kelvin, happy to make your acquaintance."

"Hello Kelvin, I'm Stephanie. So we're celebrating my friend's birthday and we thought to come over and invite you." She said shifting her eyes from me to my brother.