Chapter 35

Three years later...

Henrik's POV.

I sat beside her watching her as she slept cuddling Mason close to her as they slept. It's been three years since we started dating and two years since we got married. I pulled the blanket over her to keep them warm as I still stared at them. The way she held our son reminded me of the many times she held me when I felt I was losing it. I felt my heart warm with the love I felt for this woman. It was this love that made me decide to make her my wife.

"Are you sure you really want to do this?" Kelvin had asked me when I told him of my intentions.

"I've never been so sure. Kelvin." I replied with all honesty in me.

"Bro, asking her to be your wife is different from asking her to be your employee. Her being your wife is different from her being your assistant." He said further. I guess any sane person would be worried as well because you can't just wake one morning and decide you want to marry someone's daughter especially after everything that has happened. But I've made up my mind that I'm willing to go the whole nine yards with her.

It didn't matter that I had just told her how I felt about her, what mattered was that I had feelings for her and it was mutual. What mattered was that she was willing to accept me despite my flaws, she was willing to make a home with me. We both from dysfunctional homes decided to have a functional home. Willing to pay the sacrifices to have a good home for our family was all that mattered.

My face beamed with smile as I remembered the look on her face when she saw me in Nigeria three years ago. She was surprised to see me and at the same time happy to see me. She knew how I felt about the country so she took it upon herself to create new memories for me in Nigeria. How can I not love her? Her relatives though sad that their daughter was to be married to a white man, still accepted me. To her it was more than a blessing; reconciling with her paternal relatives and getting married to me.

I brought my hands to trace her face as I stared at the face I fell in love with. I moved from her face to her curls. The curls our son inherited which I've come to love. She turned slowly as I played with her curls.

"Hey", I whispered as her eyes fluttered open. She squeezed her brows as her eyes tried to adjust to the intensity of the light in the room, before she offered me one of her beautiful smiles.

"I didn't want to wake you," I said still whispering so as not to wake our child.

"I know," she said slowly lifting Mason's head from her arm and placing it softly on his little pillow.

"Why aren't you asleep?" She whispered lifting her hand to caress my face. I leaned into her palm and planted a kiss into it.

"I was missing you," I said and grabbed her hand and planted light kisses on them.

"We should get some sleep," she said trying to get up from the bed.

"We should, but before then," I said stopping her from leaving the bed.

"I want to tell you something important," I said pulling an expression–I know would get her worried–on my face.

"Honey are you okay?" She asked worry written all over her face as she  checked my temperature with the back of her palm.

"I'm fine, I just want to let you know how much I love you and how much you mean to me. Thank you for saying yes to me, I don't know what my life would have become if you didn't come into my life. Hell! I bless the day you ran into my car," I paused and laughed as we remembered the first day we met.

"It wasn't funny that day," she said still laughing.

"It wasn't, all the names you called me," I said still laughing.

"You called me black and blind,"

"And you called me an agent of darkness with an agenda," I said still laughing.

"I did..." She drawled

"But that day as annoying as it might have been, was a blessing in disguise," I confessed.

"It was,"

"And I'm grateful for it."

"Me too," she said looking at me directly, "who knew I'd fall in love and marry a rich white man, small me." She joked.

"I love you too Henrik, I'm glad it's because of me you decided to let go of your hatred for black people, I'm glad I am the one you chose, I'm glad I'm the mother of our son, I'm glad–" I stopped everything else she was glad for as I placed my lips on hers letting all the words we had to say to each other be said without words.

                                           The end.

XO XO XO XO XO

Hey guys!!!! Wow!!!! How have we been? It's been a really long ride I tell you and I'm glad I'm done. First of all thank you to all my readers who started and ended this journey with me, you guys are the real MVP. Those who joined as the story progressed I love you. Those who would read later I still love you. For trying out my book and voting and commenting and sharing, adding to your reading lists, mehhhnnn it's only God that will reward you.

I started this book 2018 and I honestly didn't know it would take me two years to write it. Those who are observant can tell a lot changed with me as I wrote this story. Initially when I first started this book, I started it as an ordinary Wattpad book but as I updated and I saw more people read my book and asking me to update; I realized that it might be ordinary for me but for some people it's not. You guys made me work hard. So my advice is this, no matter what it is you find yourself doing, give it your best because somewhere somewhere you're making someone's life better. Shout out to @freshwriterscommunity, I wouldn't be a better writer without them. I love them too.

Good bye and thank you for reading my book. God bless you.😍😍😍😍😍😍🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗