Chapter 29

Enjoy😘😘😘

Henrik's POV.

I placed my keys on my table in my study and sat down on my chair to resume work. Work after work is what I like do call it. I opened my laptop to begin with the loads of work that awaited me. I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh. A little while later, my stomach rumbled reminding me that I haven't had anything solid to eat since morning. All I've had is just black coffee. I was tempted to pick up something on my way home but I couldn't afford such time. I let another sigh escape my lips as I typed away on my laptop. A vibration from my phone pulled me back to reality.

I sighed when I saw the caller ID.

"Henrik," His gruff voice came through.

"Dad,"

"What's going on with you?" He asked.

"What's going on with me?" I asked closing my laptop. It's going to be a long conversation.

"Have you seen the papers?" He asked annoyance a little bit evident in his voice.

"Haven't had time to," I replied adjusting myself on my chair.

"You need to because it's nasty. Killian Malcolm is filing a case against you. How come you haven't heard? What's that secretary of yours paid for? Why would Killian be filing a case against you?" He asked his voice raising by the second.

"You read the papers, you tell me," I replied letting out another sigh.

"Henrik, I'm coming to the company tomorrow, it had better be in good shape." He hung up. Yeah right, he had better. Like it's the first company I'm handling.

Speaking of Killian and papers, Gosh! He's such a cry baby filing a case against me, like he doesn't know I have the best lawyers. I'd take him to another level. Sending him to the hospital was too kind. I would have him arrested for trying to force himself on Christiana.

Another sigh.

Christiana's absence in my company has been too difficult to fill in. Nobody suits that position better than her.

Wait!

I did leave her here this morning! Where the hell is she? In her room? Gosh! How could I have been so irrational to leave a recuperating human all alone? Where was my thinking faculty?

I got up and left my
study room immediately and headed for her room. I placed my ears on the door of her room when I got there to check for a sound. Any sound, maybe a snore or something. When I heard nothing, I opened the door slowly and quietly.

Pitch black

Was the colour of the room. I used my hands to search for the socket on the wall and turned it on. I nearly shrieked at the sight before me. Sitting on the bed with her legs folded Hindu style and her head buried in her hands giving way for the jet black curly hair to spring about, was Christiana. How can she be in this position by this time? And how long has she been like this I wondered if she noticed my presence.

I walked up to her and squatted to her level. I listened quietly for a snore and I heard none. Is she among those who don't snore?

I cleared my throat and her curls moved in response.

"Thought you found your way out," I started with a sly smirk playing on my lips.

She hissed in reply. She is awake!

"Aren't you going to lift your head up?" I asked looking at her curls. They reminded me of noodles and it annoyingly made me hungry.

I stretched my hands to reach out to her curls. Man, they were so soft.

"How is your hair so soft?" I asked still playing with her hair. I'm surprised she hasn't---

Yeah, she just did, slap my hand away.

She lifted her head up and I froze at her face. The scowl that married her face was enough to give you nightmares.

"How dare you Henrik?!" She spat. Venom well laced in her voice. Her blood shot eye widening deeply as she got up. I got up too, mirroring her actions.

"I ask you how dare you?" She asked dragging her words slowly, then she walked up to me and lifted her face to meet mine, sizing me up.

"Okay you need to calm down," I said trying not to sound frustrating so as not to irritate her further.

"Calm down? Give me one reason why I should calm down right now! Tell me you son of a limped he-goat!" She yelled and slapped my chest; directly all her rage to it. I'm sure she's dying to slap my chin.

"Answer me!" She yelled.

"Christiana calm down, I can understand how you feel but you need to calm down. It's not good for your health." I said hoping I don't sound ridiculous.

"Good for my health? Really? You left me here since morning with nothing! NOTHING Henrik! And now you care for my health? God punish you! May the gods of my forefathers strike you dead! Thunder fire you, you bastard!" She cursed. Now that's really deep. I hope none of that happens to me. Is it my fault she's here? I did offer her a ride didn't I?

"Okay, first of all none of that is going to happen and secondly I did offer you a ride this morning didn't I? How is it my doing that you turned it down and couldn't find your way out? And lastly but not the least you said you would find your way out by yourself so how in the world did I leave you here?" I asked studying her for a while. Her expression changed from that of surprise to anger and then to surprise and then to anger. Whichever expression she wanted, I was ready for her. But to my surprise, she quietly turned back and sat on the bed. Okay maybe I shouldn't have said that. But damn! I'm so tired right now.

"Christiana," I called carefully as I walked closer to the bed.

"I'm... I'm sorry," I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose. I looked at her face and saw a mixture of expressions on her face. It was hard to decipher which was which.

"I'm really sorry, okay? I didn't mean to leave you here but I was really running late to work. You know how work is right?" I asked in an ever calm voice. That part got her because she looked at me for a while.

"I want to go home....now," She said at last. In a low but stern voice.

"You would go home. But not now, it's late. Tomorrow, I'll drop you off or show you the exit way. Depending on which you prefer."

"For now, let's go find something to eat," I said getting up. Trying to ignore that part of me that scolded me for leaving her here without food.

Hey guys, thanks for being there. So sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment, thanks.