ONE 。

A BRIGHT LIGHT was all I could see

A BRIGHT LIGHT was all I could see. I wasn't aware of where this blinding light came from, but I was sure that whatever it was, I had nothing to do with it. My eyes were squinted with my hand hovering above my eyes in an attempt to shield the brightness that began to pulsate the things I needed to use to see.

I haven't realized it, but I was currently free falling. The dark mop of hairs on the top of my head began to move in all sorts of direction as the cool wind pushed up against my peachy skin. I don't remember when I began falling nor do I remember anything beforehand. I just simply remember opening my eyes one moment to be met by this flaming light which came from an unknown source. What it felt like right now was that I was falling in nothingness; that there was nothing around me. Just nothing.

Not knowing when I was going to reach the surface of... something, since falling has felt like it's ongoing, that there is no ending, the bright light that was blinding me this whole time began to fade. It began to fade so that everything around me began to darken. I was slowly entering darkness and I didn't know if it were a good thing or bad. But all I know was that, with just this gut feeling, that I was reaching the end soon. And I wasn't so sure if I was okay with that.

GASP.

I shot up from the soft surface which was laid underneath me. My eyes shot open as I took in deep breathes, my chest heaving as I took a look at my surroundings. With confused eyes, I took a good look at where I was right now. I was in a cubical room, the walls a beige color, the floor carpeted with brown. There was poster paper here and there on the walls along with a large circular clock which hung on the wall in front of me. Groaning in slight pain which was coming from my throbbing head, I shook my head as my memory came flowing back to me. This room isn't a strange, new place which I have never seen before. In fact, I was just in my own room.

I exhaled, flopping back into my bed as I covered my face with my large hands. I was just dreaming. I can't believe that my dream felt so real, like I was actually there in a pit full of nothingness. What scared me the most was that when I woke up, I didn't recall where I was, or... who I was. It was like my memory had left my mind for a short amount of time before coming back to me.

Now dragging my hands down my face, I took a glance over my bed to look at the digital clock to see the time 6:12am which flashed in bright red numbers. Right, I have college today.

WAIT I HAVE COLLEGE TODAY! With wide eyes, I quickly got out of bed, untangling myself from the blankets that was currently in a mess, and scurried off to the bathroom to freshen myself up before grabbing the first pieces of article clothing I saw in my closet and put them on my body. A yellow and black checkered button up shirt along with some black skinny jeans should make me look some what presentable unlike the grey sweats and stained black shirt I currently wore which definitely made me look like a bum.

Once I felt like I was ready, I ran towards the kitchen to grab an apple before running towards the doorway of the apartment room I rented out. I grabbed my black and white Adidas backpack and slid on my red velvet converse before opening and closing the door, making sure it was locked before running out of the apartment building as I took large bites out of the juicy apple. I looked at my wrist to see the time on my watch. 7:34am. I have to be in class by 8:25am and I can't afford to be late again.