Chapter 28

When we got to the hospital, the paramedics told the doctors my information. They mentioned Uncle Pete as well. He walked in beside me, but was taken somewhere else once we got inside. The doctors put me in a room and began rushing around.

"Hello, Lyra," a young female doctor said, sitting beside me. "You are a very pretty girl. Don't worry, you're in good hands. These doctors are very good at their jobs. You'll be better in no time at all."

"Blare, get to work," one of the male doctors snapped at the young doctor. She stood up quickly and began doing whatever the other doctors asked her to.

"I. . ." I whispered, my voice hoarse from screaming and crying so much.

"Do you need something?" a different male doctor asked me. He didn't look as old as the first male doctor that snapped at the woman, but he didn't look as young as she did.

"Have they found my dad yet?" I asked quietly.

"We'll find out," he smiled slightly. "Blare, find out if her dad is here yet."

"How do I find out?" she asked. The second man rolled his eyes and turned to me.

"Do you know what your dad's name is?" he asked.

"P-Patrick," I whispered. "Patrick St-Stump." He nodded and looked at the young woman.

"Find out if Patrick Stump is here yet," he ordered.

"Yes, of course," she rushed out of the room. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and let out a scream.

"Lyra?" I heard Andy's voice yell from somewhere outside.

"Andy!" I screamed in pain. I was glad he was here and sounded okay, but I wanted my dad. I wanted Patrick, and I wanted to know he was okay.

"Lyra!" Andy yelled.

"I know it hurts, honey, but you need to hold still," a fourth doctor, female, said loudly. "It'll be over soon." I tried to hold still, listening to Andy's voice calling my name, but it hurt. It hurt like hell. Finally, after what seemed like forever, my leg went numb. About another hour later, they were taking me out of the room. I saw Andy over by Pete and Joe. When he saw me, he ran over.

"Wait!" he said to the doctors. He stopped next to the bed I was lying on and held my hand. "I'm so sorry, Ly," he whispered, crying. "I couldn't find him. I tried. I found Joe and we looked longer, but the paramedics made us come here. They're still looking for him, as far as I know. I tried. I failed."

"It's okay," I whispered. "They'll find him. He'll be okay. Right?"

"We can only hope," Andy said sadly. "I'm going to stay with Pete and Joe until they get all fixed up and then I'll come find you, I promise. I'll keep an eye out for him." I nodded and Andy let go, watching me be rolled off to the elevator. He walked back to Pete and Joe and the elevator doors closed.

"You are one lucky family," the first male doctor from before said. "I heard it was a nasty accident."

"I- I think it was," I said. "I don't even know what happened. One moment we were playing video games, the next we were being thrown around."

"The man that came in with you, we were told he tried to protect you," he said. I nodded.

"My Uncle Pete," I said. "He's not really my uncle, but he and my dad are best friends. I was adopted."

"I see," he said, nodding. "Well, you are one lucky fifteen year old to have someone like him."

"I'm lucky to have my family," I said. "I don't know what I'd do without them." The elevator doors opened and I was taken to a room with a large machine.

Alone Together {Patrick Stump}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें