Chapter 23

After school I somehow end up on Lucas his couch as we try to beat the crap out of each other in Super Smash Bros Brawl on his Wii while we eat crappy cold pizza from the day before. But somehow I'm actually having fun. I don't even feel as tired anymore. Part of me is starting to believe that Lucas is actually a wizard or something. There's no other way he could possibly be such a good friend.

Lucas his Kirby hits my Meta Knight with a hammer and I fly ring out. I flop down on the couch with a sigh and smile despide just getting my ass handed to me. "You finally gonna tell me what's been going on?" he asks as he returns to the main menu and sits down next to me, his legs crossed underneath him and facing me. I sigh and lay down my controller thing, I don't really know what it's called.

"I guess I owe you at least that for being such an amazing friend." I mumble. Lucas smiles widely at me. "That you do." he says smuggly. I chuckle and throw a pillow at him which he catches easily. He raises an unimpressed eyebrow at me and I give him the most innocent look I can muster. "Spill." he commands, and spill I do.

"Holy shit." is all Lucas has to say after I tell him all about the three guys liking me out of nowhere and how I turned into a slut. "Holy shit indeed." I respond. "What I still don't get though is why they want me. I mean look at me! I'm a potato, they're fifty leagues above me!" I exclaim and frown at the air in front of me. We both remain silent for a while.

"Reiss..." Lucas trails off. "Yeah?" I ask, a bit unnerved by his serious gaze. "Do you ever stand in front of your mirror, and pick yourself apart piece by piece, calling out your flaws to yourself?" he asks. Well that's a specific question. I nod regardless. "Every day." I add without really knowing why. "Sometimes twice." I guess that now that I started spilling it's hard to stop.

Lucas sighs and drags his hands down his face. Then he gets up from the couch. "I gotta make a call really quick, I'll be right back." he says and disappears in the kitchen with his phone. I stare after him, shrug, and follow him to eavesdrop on him from right around the corner. This has got to be the worst habit I've ever found myself building up.

"Yo Olivier." he says and I raise my eyebrows in surprise. This situation is so weird. "I figured out what's up with him. I'm pretty sure he has BDD." he says. Then there's a brief pause in which I assume Oli says something. "Body Dysmorphic Disorder, but the delusional kind. It pretty much just means that... It's kinda hard to come up with a short version, but it's not good. My sister said it has pretty high suicide rates."

I tune out there and make my way back to the couch. That's a really personal talk I should not have eavesdropped on. Who were they on about anyway? A few minutes later Lucas comes back and plops down on the couch with a grunt. "Sorry 'bout that." he says. I try to smile. "It's fine." I say. I feel kind of sick though. Someone Lucas knows is likely to commit suicide. I can relate though. Being here isn't exactly fun. I don't want to be here.

Lucas his phone buzzes and he curses under his breath as he sends a reply to the text. I allow myself to stare off into space as I hug my knees to my chest, my thumb finding its way to my mouth where I start nibbling on the nail. "Can I convince you to spend the night here?" Lucas suddenly asks me. "Sure." I nod. "I gotta tell my aunt though." I add as I pull out my phone to send her a quick text. I want to avoid her anyway.

'Hey I'm crashing at a friends house tonight'

She leaves it at 'read' and I put my phone away again with a sign. "She says it's fine." I say and almost feel my cheeks burn scarlet at the unfamiliar sensation of actually having to lie. Lucas nods his head a few times and smiles. "Wanna play some Just Dance? School gossip tells me you're apparently a really good dancer."

I shrug and smile shyly. "Sure." I say and get up, groaning as I stretch my back. Lucas gets up and switches the games. This time he's the one getting his ass handed to him.

After round three we hear the front door open and I curiously turn around so I can see who's entering. It's a middle-aged woman with shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes. She's holding the hand of a little girl who really just looks like a younger copy of her. Oh my God she's adorable. "Awwwwwww!" I find myself cooing as a bright grin spreads across my face. Lucas gives me a blank stare. "Dude, your gay is showing." he says. I press the palm of my hand against his face to shut him up, not taking my eyes off of the girl and still grinning brightly. It's probably Lucas his little sister, I wish I had one of those.

Lucas pushes my hand away from his face with a grimace. "Your palms are sweaty." he complains. "Knees weak arms are heavy, there's vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti." I continue. He scoffs and shakes his head, then turns to his sister who tackles him with a hug. The mother laughs and disappears into the kitchen.

"Hey Luna, how was your ballet class?" he asks the little girl as he sits down on the couch, pulling her onto his lap. "Really good!" she says. "Miss Daisy said I might get a solo in the show!"

A bright grin spreads across my friend's face as he gives his sister another tight hug. "Wow! I'm so proud of you." he says and Luna giggles. "What do you boys want for diner?" Lucas his mom asks from the kitchen. Said boy looks at me with an eyebrow raised in question. I just shrug. "Spaghetti?" I suggest. Luna cheers in agreement with me and we both laugh at her. "Spaghetti!" Lucas yells back to his mom.

"Alright! Oh! Linda's plane got delayed. She said she'll arrive later tonight but that we shouldn't stay up for her."

"Okay!" Lucas yells back again. "By the way Luna, this is my friend, Reiss." he then introduces me to his little sister. Luna turns around on his lap and smiles widely at me, her blue eyes shining. "Like the chocolate?" she asks. Omg, Reese's chocolate, I love this girl. "Better than the chocolate." I tell her, trying not to laugh. "I can play the guitar, have you ever seen chocolate play the guitar?"

Her eyes widen when the word 'guitar' leaves my mouth and her jaw drops open. I crouch down in front of her and frown in worry. "Hey, you okay little girl?" I ask her. She moves her head up and down slowly. "Duuuuude." Lucas groans. "You shouldn't have said that. The one thing a prince can be identified by in her head is whether the guy plays a guitar." he says and laughs at the growing blush on my cheeks.

"I'm not a prince! Princes are handsome!" I exclaim and get back on my feet. Luna gasps and jumps to her feet too, her hands taking a hold of the hem of my shirt. "Yes you are! And you are very handsome!" she says. I really don't get why but hearing a little girl tell me that reduces me to a blushing mess. Lucas just laughs at me. What a dick.