Chapter 25

The shock of almost killing myself doesn't hit me until I close the front door of the apartment behind me. I can't believe that I tried to jump out of a window on the third floor. That just doesn't sound like me. Having come to that realisation though I think it's safe to say that I need help. Professional help.

I'm just about to slowly drag myself to my room when the front door opens behind me. Aunt Cynthia rushes inside with a panicked look on her face. When she sees me her shoulders slump and she pretty much immediately starts crying. "Oh Reiss..." she sobs and hugs me tightly. The school had called her to ask her for permission to let me go home. They figured it wouldn't be a good idea to send me back to class after what happened. Terrence, Oli, Tom and Lucas did have to go back to class though. But Lucas and Terrence promised they'd stop by right after school. Tom and Oli just looked... Sad, and broken. Did my choosing Terrence hurt them that much? I honestly can't bring myself to believe that.

Cynthia pushes me back at arms length and squeezes my shoulders. "I'm sorry." I mumble and smile sadly. She just shakes her head and sniffles, removing one hand from my shoulders to cover her mouth. "No, Reiss... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't notice your pain. I'm so, so sorry."

Words seem to be useless at a moment like this so I just hug her tightly again. After that we settle down on the couch and watch a movie, just like old times. We remain silent throughout the entire thing. But it's a good, comforting silence. A little while after the movie ends the doorbell rings and aunt Cynthia jumps up to see who's at the door.

I hear the door open behind me and smile when the very next sound that can be heard are rushed footstep as someone runs inside. Terrence tackles me down on the couch and nuzzles his face in my neck which makes me laugh. He perks up at that and grins at me. "It's good to hear you can still laugh." he says and I almost choke up, but instead settle for kissing him softly. When I pull away his cheeks are bright red. A cough from behind the couch interrupts us and I quickly turn my head in the appropriate direction.

"I need to talk to you and your aunt, Reiss." Lucas says. I frown at him, he seems really tense. Cynthia appears beside him with a worried expression covering her face. Our eyes briefly meet and the worry is replaced by amusement. "We're going to talk about this boy later, okay?" she cooes and ruffles Terrence his hair. He freezes and looks at me with wide eyes, very confused about why my aunt is petting him. I just shrug. He'll get used to the weirdness.

Lucas clears his throat and we all switch our attention to him again. "You probably remember the questions my sister asked you to fill in. Well it was actually a test for a mental disorder called BDD, body dysmorphic disorder. She looked into it with some psychology friends of hers at uni and came to the conclusion that you have it. Which means that you will need help. But I think Terrence will be able to give you all the help you need."

After that monologue his hand absentmindedly pats Terrence on the top of his hand similarly to what Cynthia did earlier. Said boy narrows his eyes and belts out a dry 'woof' which causes Lucas to retract his hand right away. "Sorry." he laughs.

Suddenly something clicks in my mind. Lucas had mentioned the BDD thing in that phone call I eavesdropped on, so does that mean he had been talking to Oli about me? Well, I did try to jump out of a window and he did say that suicide rates were pretty high so... At least I can sort of make jokes about it. That's a good sign, right?

"And what does this... Body... Disorder mean exactly?" Cynthia asks, worry once more evident on her face. Lucas sighs and scratches the back of his head. "I think it's best if I'd tell you in private." he says after glancing at me. Should I be offended?

Terrence jumps up right away and pulls me onto my feet as well. "We'll be in Reiss his room then!" he exclaims. Aunt Cynthia looks conflicted for a moment, but after a brief hesitation she just shoos us away. Terrence grins brightly as I lead him to my room. I close the door behind us and smile in amusement as he curiously rushes around, picking stuff up and putting it down somewhere else or just staring in awe. I don't get what could be so special about my room for him but it's nice to see him like this so I won't complain.

After a few minutes he comes to a halt in front of me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I recognize the look on his face and immediately feel my body react to it. He's going to do something sexual.

"Did that kiss mean you chose me?" he asks, biting back a smile. I grin and step forward so I can wrap my arms around his waist. "I thought that was obvious." I tell him. A voice in the back of my head is making me doubt though. What if he doesn't want me anymore now that the chase is over? The way his eyes light up tells me that voice is wrong though. "So we're official boyfriends now?" he asks eagerly. I blush but nod and add "I mean, if you want to that is."

I've never seen Terrence this happy before. Then that look returns. His hand disappears in his pocket. "Well I actually thought of a certain way I want to make us official..." he explains. He pulls his hand out of his pocket again and shows me a small, silver package. "So I stole one of my brother's condoms." he adds with a bright blush, which most definitely succeeds in turning me on. I gulp and slowly nod a few times. "Alright." I whisper and he grins, but then I remember Cynthia and Lucas being in the apartment still.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and send Lucas a text. 'don't let Cynthia enter my room, same goes for you'

The reply is immediate. 'she says that you can make all the noise you want but have to use protection lol'

After throwing my phone on my desk I turn back to Terrence who is grinning and blushing at the same time. I probably look the same. "Let's go." I say in a low voice.