9

(Name) didn't want to go to work the next day. She didn't want to meet people. How would she explain how she lost her voice to Stanley. She fished her phone up and noticed first now how many missed calls and messages she had gotten from Wendy, Mabel, Dipper, Soos, the Pines twins. Heck, even pacifica whom she barely knew had tried contacting her. She opened the messages and read through them, tears welling in her eyes. They were all so worried, asking her if she was OK. She even felt amusement bubble up in her chest when Dipper apologized for calling her, ranting about how much of an idiot he was for thinking that would be of any use. Bill was forgotten for just a moment, everything was back to normal for a second. The house was even clean, which it hadn't been in too long. Bill was sadly brought back to her mind when a cheerful voice pierced the silent room like a spear. She felt dread wash over her, not wanting to face that demon who haunted her life.

(Name) turned to Bill with a frown evident on her features. He was holding something behind his back. She guessed it was some sort of weapon to torture her even more. A knife to leave small cuts on her body, a hammer to break her bones or perhaps a syringe filled with an unknown drug to knock her unconcious. She eyed his arms with fear for what he had planned next. Nearly raping her wasn't enough for him, he had to be planning something worse. He pulled his arms out from behind his back and held a bouqet of flowers to her. She furrowed her eyebrows, suspicious of the flowers. Did they contain a horde of bees that would attack her? Did they contain some sort of acid that would hurt her skin badly? His skin seemed unaffected, however, so she couldn't be sure. His gaze was fixated on her, watching her uncertainty annoyed him. He was aware that it was his fault, that he caused her distrust, yet he couldn't help but feel the annoyance fill him as she backed slightly away. "It won't bite, doll" He said with a grin, taking half a step towards her. He practically pushed the red and white flowers into her arms, causing her to flinch. She caught them and held them gently, feeling no side-effects what-so-ever worried her. She ignored the worry for now and without a word, she set the flowers on the counter and hurried out the door to head to work.

Bill watched her hurry down the street from the window, her feet making fast motions to get away as quickly as possible. He turned around and saw Stowe sitting on the counter by the flowers with his arms crossed. Stowe was visibly pissed off, like always, and Bill merely ignored the man. Stowe refused to let Bill ignore him, and got up "Why am I here? Why do you keep me around if you're not going to give me my body back?" He practically growled at Bill who was smirking to himself. Bill's smug expression pissed Stowe off even more, if that was possible. "I demand an answer!" Stowe bellowed, his hands balled up into fists. Bill remained silent. It was like torture to Stowe, not only did the love of his life dismiss his entire existance, but this demon had now possessed his body and wouldn't just delete him. It pained Stowe to be a mere gust of wind to everyone but Bill. Bill Cipher. Well played. Stowe cursed how foolish he was, that he let (Name) get in the way of his reason. It's the second time he has been fooled due to being in love. What an idiot, letting himself be fooled twice.

(Name) entered work and smiled at the Pine twins. She opened her mouth to greet them, but then she remembered that she had no voice. No sound to make, not even a simple hum. It was awful, losing something she was so fond of without even realizing it. Come to think of it, she was starting to miss Stowe more and more. She would have a million Stowes over one Bill. She couldn't believe she had gotten herself fooled like that. It pained her to think that Bill had fooled her so easily. It was like she stabbed herself in the back without knowing it. It didn't matter now, however, and she brushed the topic out of her mind. She didn't have time to ponder over it. She got to work. The Pine twins told her she didn't have to deal with the tourists. She couldn't really deal with stupid, easy-to-fool hillbillies anyways. So she kept to cleaning and dusting, putting out merchandise and pointing if anyone were lost. The day went by fast, and before she knew it, she was off to have lunch with Dipper and Mabel. They treated her with some pancakes to lighten the mood of the loss of her voice. To communicate with them, (Name) had to text them in a group chat. It was tiring, but she managed.

When the day was finally over, she returned home to dinner. Bill's grin greeted her as he welcomed her "Welcome home! I made beef!" He exclaimed. A hot pink apron embraced his thin form. (Name) raised her brow, wanting to ask what the catch was. He seemed to notice her reluctance and merely smiled an oddly comforting smile "I wanted to apologize. I acknowledge my actions were out of hand and as another apology; I want to give you your voice back!" This made (Name)'s eyes widen. She furrowed her brows and took a step back, not knowing how to respond. Where did this kindness come from? Was he serious, or would he fool her again? "No strings attached." He added. That's it. (Name) crossed her arms with a glare. As if Bill would do any of this, he is up to something. She just knows it, there's no way this demon who has only caused her pain is willing to do such a thing. "Hey, I know you don't trust me." Bill starts and (Name) rolls her eyes, scoffing (or trying to scoff) and begins to leave before Bill has the chance to finish his sentence. She leaves, just like that. He doesn't hold her back, nor does he shout after her. That can't be Bill Cipher, can it? She re-enters the room, her brow raised. Is Stowe back? Has Stowe gained magical powers? No he hasn't. This is another mind game, Bill is smart enough to come up with this sort of plot. He knows how to manipulate the human mind better than anyone.

Bill didn't notice that (Name) had stayed back, poking her head through the door. He sighed and crossed his arms, cursing under his breath. He seemed genuinely upset with her departure. But what did she know. A demon such as Bill feels no remorse, right? It's not like he's human.