~Chapter 7~

(Emily's Point of View)

Flashback...

"Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" I screamed in horror as my mother is thrown to the ground harshly, her back hitting the ground violently as if she was no better than a mere dolls that I had up in my room. My brother automatically went to care for her, kneeling on the ground and taking her into his small arms. He looked down at her with worry laced in his eyes, a softness only ever shown with me or mother. He then turned to our so called father, his eyes turning cold as ice, his soft smile forced into a snarl.

My gaze automatically followed the line of my brother's, I looked towards my father with confusion. Why... Why was he hurting his family like this? What kind of father, a man told to love you, would do this to his family. My face turned towards the woman he held so closely in his arms, like that woman was his true love.

I fell to the ground, my legs gave out from underneath me. I just didn't understand, I was only four years old and I couldn't possibly comprehend what was happening. My eyes darted between the two looking for some explanation, my sight landing on their joint hands over the red-headed woman's stomach. She had the same red hair my mother had, but her eyes they scared me.

They were nothing like my mother's calm silver eyes, no they... they were a ravaging storm. A deep, dark blue-gray almost black. She looked towards me and her face twisted, into a sickening grin. I felt my breathe leap into my throat shocking me to the bone.

"Daddy, what are you doing to mummy!" I tried to scream, but it came out as more of a whimper. His eyes finally fell on me, looking at me like an ant stuck in the rain. The woman was the first to speak, sounding like a snake ready to strike at her prey.

"Don't worry dear, I'll be your new mother now. Just as it always was meant to be." She held out her hand to me, like I would ever choose her over my beloved mother. How dare she, how dare she ever think I would take such a vile monster to be my mother, over the one person I loved the most.

"It's time for this witch to leave us now, don't you think Ameilia? We can finally be a family, all five of us." He smiled at me, a silent promise in his heart. One I was not aware of at the time, I shook my head. Tears falling down from my face and into my lap.

"Father!" My Brother's voice boomed, sounded like an adult himself. His eyes thinned and his fists clenched. My mother put a hand to his chest, trying to calm her strong little boy. However, nothing was going to stop my brother from speaking his mind, "This is going a bit far, don't you think?" His voice dripped with hatred and spit, like a raging bull daring anyone to get in his way.

"No it's not!" My Father's voice boomed back, Michael shrinked back a bit from surprise. His voice daring the bull to rear its head out again so he may deal out the finishing blow.

"Your mother is useless to me now, I no longer need her to bare my children. This person is not your mother," Father paused, kissing the other woman on the temple before continuing, "She is your mother, and she will be blessing us with a sibling for the two of you soon enough." I froze in place, as did my brother.

I ran to my brother, dodging the woman reaching out for me with a wicked smile. She was enjoying this, watching our family being burned away. Michael leaned Mummy into my lap, my hand stroking her hair as her hand went to my face. She tried to sit up but she groaned in pain. I pulled my hand away from her head and panic flooded my tiny body. What was this? Blood? No that... that can't be!

"Mum?" I looked from my hand to her, her eyes was looking at my hand covered in... I can't even say it. She turned her eyes towards me and smiled, her hand cupping my cheek. I leaned into it, loving the warmth that was radiating off of it.