~Chapter 26~

(Emily's point of View)

Almost a week had past since Harris and Sophie arrived at our apartment unannounced, I was still baffled that they managed to get past Roderick. Whenever I asked him about it he smiled at me before changing the subject, I wasn't sure what exactly that meant and I most likely never would.

Sophie and Harris had been staying in our home since then, everyone had originally been against the idea but with the help of my mum they all came around. The originally empty feeling apartment was now filled to the brim in every room with someone new. Adding two dogs to the mix made things especially hard but everyone adored them.

More than anything I wondered how everything would change after we were all finally out of the grips of our families. Would Sophie and Harris just run off and turn cold towards us again, or would I finally have the little sister I always wanted. If my parents would go and retire on some tropical island and use the rest of their lives to live the one they were robbed of.

Would Nate and I finally have the chance to be together after years of being torn apart with broken hearts.

I felt a finger pressed against the space between my two brows, I opened my eyes to find two shining cobalt eyes staring back at me. A smile graced my lips, the same smile that always appeared for him, and I pressed my own finger to the space between his brows.

"Worrying will only shorten your life Fenice, and I plan on living a very long life with you." My heart skipped in my chest as I watched his amused smirk and eyes light up.

"Worrying is for the wise and the crazy Chimere." I responded with my eyebrows raised wondering if he would say-

"Well you're definitely crazy." I hit him in the arm even though I was still smiling and had fully expected that response.

"Marques and Michael have been working on the plan, but there's no guarantee that it'll all go smoothly." Nate began to lead me from my old bedroom, which I still retreated to for worrying, and into the usual meeting place.

Lizzie was the only member of our team that was missing, but the rest of the dream team were all on their way. Sierra had called Nick explaining the situation and he called the rest of the group. All of them were on the first plan ride to New York saying that it was time for a true reunion anyways.

It had been almost a year since I had seen Martin and Noah, their wedding had probably been the last time. They had a Summer wedding since Martin was born in the fall and Noah was in the spring they thought it was best to go in the middle.

The pair now lived down in Florida while Noah worked on his author career Martin ran his father's company. We all were spaced out more than I liked, but no matter how long we were apart we always fell back into rhythm.

"Good you got the little worry-wart before she stared to worry to death." My dad joked with a soft smile on his face, the two of us had become close fast and had a bond I never had with Sebastian.

"Just barely Marq." Nate joked back as we joined the majority of our group, although Alana and Sophie both were making snacks in the kitchen.

"We have the paper work and thanks to these two new additions we know the key to pulling this off." I raised my eyebrows wondering what information Sophie and Harris had told my father to make him this optimistic.

He must have seen my face because before I could respond he answered my question, "With our new company we're going to buy Richmond Inc. right under Hector Richmond."

Shocked couldn't even describe the feeling that welled up in my stomach, I certainly hadn't expected my father to say that. He laughed slightly at us with a smile, I looked over to find Nate wearing the same expression as me.