~Chapter 28~

(Emily's Point of View)

"Oh what I would've given to see his face!" We all laughed as Mich clapped his hands and did a small dance through the quiet lanes of Central Park. It was well past midnight as we celebrated our victory against our foes.

We told the rest of our group that we would meet them at a restaurant nearby that stayed open into the wee hours of the night: Betsy's Diner. Knowing the owner of such a fine establishment gave you certain perks. Although we weren't making the best time due to Michael and Harris's dances, Mich alone and Harris twirling a dazed Sophie around.

Nate and I simply walked beside of them watching with our hands intertwined, his larger hand covering mine in a tight embrace. The park was quite albeit there was a few listening to the soft strums of a guitar played by a young man.

"He just kept shaking, I've never seen anything like it." I laughed slightly joining in their fun, I pulled Nate along with me breaking down into some funky dance moves.

"We need to get you dance lessons Sis." Sophie stopped for a moment realizing what had slipped from her mouth, she looked towards me an apology on her lips.

I shook my head slightly ceasing the words from her lips, "You think you can do better Sis."

She took the hand I had outstretched towards her happily with tears in her eyes, she was growing away from the way she was always taught. Like a Butterfly she was becoming the woman I had no doubt that she was meant to be.

"Marq keeps texting me to hurry up." Nate's voice piped in no longer walking in silence, the majority of our walk he had stayed quiet only expressing his emotions through facial expressions.

We were almost at Betsy's Diner when I realized that I probably should change and get a warmer jacket, when I felt the cold crisp February air blowing against me. Surely they could wait a few moments for me to be a bit warmer, besides the apartment complex was on our way.

"Give me a couple seconds to go change." I began to head towards the apartment only for footsteps to follow me.

"It's freezing out here for us woman, we will be right back guys." Sophie joined me into the lobby both of us cold to the touch from our beautiful, but freezing, dresses.

"Good Evening Roderick." Sophie greeted the elderly man with a small wave, finally he was accepting the lose of his wife. Even so losing someone was always a difficult time in life, not many come back into your life like my mom did.

The elevator quickly took us up the apartment as we mindlessly chattered the entire way up with smiles on our faces. Watching her talk with such happiness, it was a stark reality seeing now that she was free of Sala how different she acted. Not only towards me but to everyone she encountered.

"I'll meet you back here alright Papillion?" Sophie looked back at me with a smile at the new nickname.

"Right, Chama." I blinked slightly at the nickname remembering that mother had pressured her in Portuguese as her foreign language, just another name for me to look up on google later.

The two of us parted in the dark apartment, I glanced around not hearing the pitter pattering of my dogs. Surely Lizzie hadn't took them out on a walk this late, I continued heading down to my room only to be stopped by the creaking of the floors behind me.

I quickly turned around when I heard a voice filled with malice and hatred, "You just couldn't help yourself, could you bitch?" Perfect English filled the room as Lizzie spoke towards me with wild eyes.

I paused my eyes flitting down to the object in her hands, stainless steel all pointed towards me. Not even my sarcasm could stop an impending bullet. My first thought went towards my little sister not even twenty paces away.