~Chapter 25~

I felt a soft touch on my thigh, ghosting over top my skin like a wisp. I shivered at the contact, shuffling my legs together. The touch stopped for a moment, I could almost feel his eyes on mine and a smirk on his lips. My eyes fluttered open first seeing the blue sky out the window, birds chirping lightly on the sunny day.

"Did I wake you Fenice?" I tore my eyes from the peaceful horizon looking down to meet his Cobalt eyes that I loved so much. His smirk was evident on his face, before he placed another kiss on my thigh.

"What gave you that idea, Chimere?" I replied as the birds chirped outside of our window as Nate's arms stayed locked around my waist, I moved slightly trying to find a way out of his embrace only to be pulled back to his body.

I attempted again squirming and kicking my feet to get out his grasp only for Auburn to nip at my heels in protest with a low growl. The sound mixed with Nate's low chuckles as he smiled at the two of us.

"You know I love that dog, we have the same thoughts." He muttered placing a small kiss on my neck I squirmed away being careful not to upset my prissy dog. Nate whined trying to come after me only ending us up on the floor with him leaning over me.

"Actually I think I prefer this don't you Emily?" He leant down for another kiss but I quickly put a pillow between us.

"Look I love you Nate-"

"I'll never get tired of hearing you say that." I smiled even though he had just interrupted me, I shook my head slightly before continuing what I was about to say.

"I love you but I needed to go to the bathroom like yesterday." He rolled his eyes slightly but yielded letting me rush to the bathroom.

When I came back Nate was already in the closet picking out his outfit for the day, I took a moment to admire the man I loved shirtless. I licked my lips unconsciously watching his muscles flexed as he pulled a shirt from the top shelf, shaking his head and putting it back inside a few seconds later.

"Like what you see Fenice?" He winked at me with a smile but I adverted my eyes slowly pattering my way inside the closet to pick out my own outfit for the day.

"Nope." I walked past him to look into the closest, looking for something decent to wear. I could feel him watching me, his eyes roaming over my body lighting it on fire. I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes, a smirk settling on both our faces.

"Can't handle it?" I asked him turning fully towards him, remembering the first time I had said that to him.

Flashback...

"Can't wait to get me alone Nathaniel?" I drew out his name, licking my lips slightly while he stood up. We had begun to play small games every morning before work, perhaps it wasn't wise but neither of us made any moves to stop it.

"You know I can't, not when seeing you look so..." He trailed off eyes roaming my body, I shivered slightly before heading towards the elevator.

"Can't handle it Fenice?" He called after me as I stepped into the elevator, the doors began to close, and I knew he wouldn't make it.

"You're the one who can't handle it Nate." I turned around while the doors closed, my hair flying to my back. I shot him a smirk of my own before the doors closed completely.

End of Flashback...

He walked towards me, his eyes dropping to my lips and his hands settling at my waist. "You know I can't." My voice caught in my throat seeing the way he looked at me, so much passion and love. I still couldn't believe that I had ever doubted him in our youth.