Chapter 14

Christian's POV

He said yes. He said yes. The weight of it hit me as I walked into the house, where Mom's cooking wafted into the hall from the kitchen. "Christian, is that you? Can you come here for a moment?"

Like a robot, I moved mindlessly into the kitchen. Mom's back faced me , and her arms moved, mixing something in a bowl. "Can you grab the- what's wrong with your face?" She turned, frowning at my expression. Setting the bowl down, she walked over. "It's all red. Are you-" Her eyes widened. "Oh! Did we have a successful confession?"

I looked down, nodding. Mom squealed. "Congratulations! Now, Christian, you really must bring him over."

"I... I can bring him over the day of the game."

"Perfect! I take it he'll be wearing your jersey?" Again, I nodded. She smiled. "Oh, a boyfriend shirt! How exciting!"

Boyfriend shirt... My mind wandered to the day he wore my gym shirt. The baggy material fell off his shoulder, and was more a dress than a shirt on him. He was completely engulfed by it, and looked absolutely... Sexy. I blushed harder. Mom laughed.  "Looks like we've got a maiden in love over here. Now, come on, help me get the flour."

Nodding, I reached towards the cabinet where Mom was pointing, pulling out the bag of flour. She smiled and took the bag from me. "Honestly, what was your father thinking with those cabinets? He never spends any time in here and I can barely reach them. Yet everything I need always seems to be on the top shelf." She sighed. "That's what I have you for."

Rolling my eyes, I left the kitchen and made my way upstairs, one thing on my mind. I reached my room and immediately rushed to my closet, rifling through it before pulling out what I was looking for. My jersey. It was red and white, the school colors, and had the school crest on the front, a black 12 printed on the back. Just by looking at it, I knew it was at least two sizes too big for Keegan. A blush spread across my cheeks.

I imagined Keegan in my shirt, hanging off his shoulder, the material falling down to his knees. What expression would he have on? Would he even show up for the game? I know he doesn't usually go to these things, and even if he agreed to wear my shirt, he never said anything about going to the game. I bit my lip. Maybe I'll ask him tomorrow? I nodded, shoving the jersey into my bag sitting by the door.

---

"Christian!! Get up! You're going to be late!"

I opened my eyes, Mom's face standing over me. She frowned. "Come on, then. Isn't today the game?"

I shook my head. "Tomorrow." 

Mom nodded. "Well, either way, get up!"

I sat up, yawning. Mom smiled. I stared at her. "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing." She hummed. "Just thinking about how much you've grown."

Rolling my eyes, I watched her leave before getting dressed and ready for school.

---

At school, I looked around, clutching my bag at my side. Keegan... Where is he? Nick wasn't anywhere either, and I wasn't sure if that was good news or bad news. Before I could begin to panic too much, a familiar car rolled into the parking lot. Keegan's brother's car. The car parked, and after a moment, Keegan got out. Before he'd even begun to walk towards the school, I rushed towards him, pulling him into a hug. He gasped, surprised. "Christian?"

I said nothing, burying my face into his neck. "Are you going to release my brother, or will I have to pry you away from him?"

We jumped apart, and I glared at Josh who leaned against his car, arms crossed. But he wasn't looking at me. "Anything you want to tell me?" 

Keegan looked between us, a blush creeping onto his cheeks as he reached his hand towards mine, lacing them together. I stared at our entwined hands. "Josh... This is my... my..." Keegan's voice was barely above a whisper, and he stared at the ground. After a deep breath, he continued. "This is my... Boyfriend... Christian."

I froze, two things running through my mind. My first thought was that he must have told his family he was gay, otherwise his brother's reaction would have been more severe. My second was: Boyfriend? Boyfriend?! Boyfriend?! I couldn't stop the grin that spread across my face, nor the hug I pulled Keegan into. I glanced at Josh. He'd uncrossed his arms, watching us carefully. Keegan pulled away, and began to say something when Josh cut him off. "You love him?"

Keegan glanced at me, then nodded. "Yes, I do."

Josh was silent for a moment, then marched over to me. "Take care of my brother." He glared at me. "If you hurt him in any way, just know I'm not afraid of going to jail."

Keegan gasped, but I put a hand around his waist, nodding to Josh. "I promise I'll take care of him."

Josh's expression softened, and he smiled before getting back into his car and leaving. I let my hand linger on Keegan's hip a moment longer before I pulled away. "Come on," I spoke softly, "class is about to start. Besides, I have something to give to you at lunch."

---

"Here." I handed Keegan the jersey as we sat together on the field eating lunch. 

He took it, handling it as if it were fragile. Keegan stared at the jersey quietly, pulling the material gently in his hands. I swallowed. "I-if you don't want to wear it, you don't have to."

His eyes shot up to mine, and he clutched the jersey. "I want to!" He raised his voice before turning away. "It's just... I've... I've never been to a football game."

I frowned. "Okay?" Moving closer, I leaned against him. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"How will I know when to... When to cheer and-"

I turned Keegan around so he was facing me, and gripped his shoulders. "Keegan, I don't care about that. I just want you to be there."

It was true; I didn't care if he hated football, or if he'd never been to a game ever. As long as he was there, I immediately felt like I would win. Keegan stared at me before putting his head against my chest. "... Okay."

I smiled, putting my arms around him. "Oh, I almost forgot. My mom wants you to come over tomorrow."

Keegan didn't move. "Is it okay?"

I chuckled, kissing the top of his head. "Of course. You're my boyfriend, after all."