3. Home Again

My flight was at four in the afternoon. It was currently ten in the morning. I thought it would be best to walk around for an hour or so before heading back to pack.

I left and wandered. I got some stuff and a snack before heading back. It didn't take long, for I didn't bring very much with me. It wasn't long before I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Jay standing there, a smile on his face.

"Hey! The guys were wondering if you'd want to go out with us," Jay said, looking so happy and excited. I didn't want to disappoint him.

But I had to. "Jay, I'm sorry -" Jay's expression fell. "- but my flight leaves soon. I can't I'm really sorry," I said.

Jay took a small breath through his nose and put on a fake smile. "It's alright. Can I have your number, so we can keep in contact?"

"Sure."

We traded numbers and I hugged Jay goodbye. Our hug lasted longer than it should have, but it felt nice. Jay was a really good hugger.

I pulled back but kept my arms around Jay's neck. He kept his arms around my waist. He was smiling down at me.

"I'm going to miss you," Jay said.

"Me too," I replied.

Jay placed a hand on my waist. "Want to keep in contact?"

I nodded. "Sure."

Jay's smile became sad. "I wish we could've spent more time together. You're really cool."

"You are too, Jay," I said. "Maybe you should come to New Zealand."

Jay nodded. "Maybe I will. You should come to the US as well."

"I'll try."

Jay and I hugged again before he left and I closed the door. I grabbed my bags and left the hotel. I headed for the airport. My vacation was over, unfortunately.

The plane ride was long and boring. All I could think about Jay. He was nice and quite attractive. He was so handsome. His beard was nice and his touch was gentle. He was so funny and his impressions were on point.

The plane landed on New Zealand soil. It felt nice to be back. I missed this place while I was gone. New Zealand will always be my home. I will always love it here.

I looked at my phone. I had a text from Elton and Jay.

Hey, I didn't get to say goodbye - Elton

I miss you - Jay

I got to baggage claim just as I sent a text to both of them. I pocketed my phone and waited for my bag. It took about twenty minutes, but I eventually got it and headed outside.

I had left my car in the back of the parking lot. I got to it and tossed my bag in the passenger seat before climbing in. I started up my old car and drove off.

Traffic wasn't as bad since it was later in the evening, but it was normal city traffic. I was really tired and made it to my apartment building soon enough. I pulled in and turned off the car. I grabbed my bag and went inside. I went to my floor and got to my room.

I unlocked my door and stepped in, kicking the door closed and going to my room. I dropped my bag in there before going back into the main room.

My phone started to ring. I checked it to see it was Jay. Why he was calling, I had no idea. We barely knew each other. I answered, wanting to talk to someone.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Hey!" Jay greeted. "I didn't actually think you'd answer. I thought you'd still be in the air."

"Well, I just back not to long ago," I answered. "When's your flight?"

"In an hour or so," Jay answered. "I wanted to call before I took off."

I sat on my couch. "How're the guys?"

"They're fine." Jay sounded different, like he was disappointed. "They miss you. They were sad you didn't say goodbye."

"Tell em I'm sorry," I said. "How long is your flight?"

"Over ten hours, I believe," Jay answered. "I'm not looking forward to it."

I yawned. "I know. It took about ten hours for me. I don't like planes all that much."

"Me neither." I heard Jay yawned as well. "At least we got something in common."

I chuckled. "I'm sure we got more in common. I wish we could hang out sometime, but we got an ocean between us."

"Yeah, I know," Jay replied. "If only."

Jay and I talked for about a half an hour before he had to go. It was nice to get to know Jay a little more. He was so nice and we seemed to connect over things. I just wish that I could go on a date with Jay. Maybe if he comes to New Zealand.

After a few hours of sitting on the couch, I went to my room. I changed into pajamas and flopped on my bed. I plugged in my phone and rolled over, finally ready to sleep.