11. Going Home

Today was a dreaded day. I had to go home, unfortunately. Jay and Elton had taken me to the airport. I had grown close to both of them over the time I had spent in LA.

I stopped before going through security. "I'm going to miss you guys. It was really fun hanging out and stuff."

Jay smiled. "I'm glad. You're a great person to be around."

"Are you saying that because I'm your girlfriend?" I asked, adjusting my backpack strap.

Jay's smile widened. "Of course. I love you, JJ."

I shook my head and gave Jay a hug. "I love you too, Jay. I'll see you again, okay?"

Jay hugged me back. "Of course."

"I'll miss you," I murmured.

Jay squeezed me tighter. "I will too."

We pulled away and I said goodbye to Elton. I left them and went through security. As I walked through the airport, I thought about my time with the guys. I loved being with them. They were so much fun.

I knew I was going to miss Jay the most. Jay was a great man and I knew he was the man I wanted to be with for a while, maybe for life. I, unfortunately, couldn't tell him until I got back to New Zealand.

I sat in a chair at my gate. I patiently waited for the flight attendant people to call for people to begin loading. Finally, we could start loading. I found my spot and sat down. I closed my eyes and pulled my legs to my chest.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep as we were taking off. I slept through most of the flight. I woke up with a couple hours left. I got up to go to the bathroom.

After sitting back down, I put my earbuds in and started listening to music. It didn't feel like long before we landed. I grabbed my stuff and left with everyone else. It felt so nice to return home.

I returned to my apartment and crawled into bed. I fell asleep and woke up the next morning, still exhausted. I made myself breakfast and as I was eating, I looked at my phone. My phone dinged with a message from Jay.

I hope you made it home safely - Jay

I did. Thanks for checking in - Me

That's good. I miss you - Jay

I miss you too, Jay-Me

I put my phone away and continued eating. When I finished, I cleaned up and did some chores around my apartment. My phone started ringing and when I answered it, Jay's voice greeted me. I immediately smiled and greeted him in return.

"How are you, JJ?" Jay asked.

"I'm doing fine." I yawned. "Tired, though. I got home safely last night and I went to bed."

"Explains why you didn't call me last night," Jay said. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good."

"That's great," Jay commented. "I was planning to come down to New Zealand to visit in a few months. I wanted to see you again."

I smiled. "That sounds fun. I can take you to the South Island. There's a lot of fun things down there."

"You're going to be the most fun thing in New Zealand."

"Jay!" I exclaimed.

Jay laughed. "I'm joking! I can't wait to see you."

I huffed. "You're terrible."

"I still love you," Jay said.

"I love you too."

"I have to go," Jay said. "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Yeah," I said. "I'll talk to you soon."

The phone call ended and I ran a hand through my hair, smiling a little. Jay loved me. He was such a nice guy and I loved him so much. It was a shame that we lived in different countries. I wanted to be with him but I couldn't be in the US for very long and I didn't want to leave New Zealand.

I sat down on the couch. I wondered if Jay would ever move to New Zealand for me. I wasn't sure if he would ever do that.

I huffed and threw my head back. I didn't know what I felt and it was all complicated. Hopefully, it would work out.