10. Pranks

I woke up in an empty bed. As I rolled over, I heard bacon sizzling and Jay moving around. I rolled over and found my phone plugged in on the nightstand.

I checked my phone and messed around on it until I got hungry. I sat up and stumbled out of Jay's room. Jay already had a plate full of food sitting on the breakfast bar for me.

I sat at the stool and picked up my fork. Jay greeted me and finished cooking shortly after I sat down. He sat beside me and ate as well.

We talked as we ate. We talked about family and friends. I asked about Elton and the rest of the crew. We spent a while talking about life and anything that came to mind.

After we finally finished eating, we cleaned up our plates. Jay grabbed some clothes and let me change in his room. I dragged my suitcase into his room.

I grabbed a pair of jean shorts, a teal bikini top, and a grey tank top. I slipped them all on.

I brushed out my hair and braided it

I brushed out my hair and braided it. I grabbed a pair of jandals and aviator sunglasses. I walked out of the bedroom and saw Jay sitting on the couch. He stood up when he saw me.

Jay smiled widely. "Hey. You ready?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Where are we going?"

"Elton's place," Jay replied. "We're going to play a prank on one of his roommates."

I cheered. "I love pranks! What are we doing?"

Jay smiled. "We're going to have one of his roommates break his computer, but it's not his computer."

I put on my glasses. "Well, let's go. I'm ready."

Jay grabbed his keys and we left the apartment. We left the apartment and headed for Elton's house. I stared out the window the entire time because my phone didn't have any service in the US.

Jay pulled up to a house and parked on the street. He texted Elton as we got out of the car. Jay led me to a gate and stopped.

"Is this where Elton lives?" I asked.

Jay nodded. "It's a really nice place."

"I see, said the blind man," I commented, looking at the mansion in front of me.

Jay chuckled. "Funny. Elton should be out here any second now."

Just as Jay said that Elton came out of the house and opened the gate. I greeted Elton with a hug. He greeted me as well and he led us into his house.

Sam and Colby were already waiting inside. I greeted them and hugged them as well. Elton soon started explaining how the prank was going to go down.

I helped set up the prank. It was really fun joking around with the guys. Soon the prank was ready to begin. Elton called Corey down, who the prank was targeting. We started setting up everything.

I laughed along with the guys as they messed around with the piñatas. There were enough for everyone so I ended up without one. I was sitting aside in a chair, watching the guys.

When Corey got blindfolded, I grabbed his computer. I helped attach it to the pole and get everything set up. I stood aside with Jay beside me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I leaned in, resting my head against him.

We watched Corey miss the computer each time. I laughed with the others as Corey failed. Eventually, Elton lowered the pole and Corey hit his computer. I burst out laughing and bent over.

Corey took off the helmet. He stared disbelievingly at his beat up computer. He started yelling and getting pissed off. I got on edge and stayed to the sidelines. I didn't want to get hit.

Corey stormed inside and we all followed him. He was in the garage, trashing Elton's stuff. Corey was throwing things on the ground and yelling.

I stayed to the back, listening. Corey stormed out of the garage and we followed. The prank was eventually revealed and we all laughed it off.

Jay slung his arm over me once the camera was turned off. "What'd you think, JJ?"

"It was fun," I said. "I like pranks."

Jay wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me close. "I do too. Do you want to go out to dinner?"

I wrapped my arms around Jay's waist. "Yeah. Where are we gonna go?"

Jay kissed the top of my head. "How do you feel about Mexican?"

I grinned. "Yes! I love Mexican."

Jay gave me a questioning look. "You guys have Mexican food in New Zealand?"

I nodded. "There's a place in Wellington called La Boca Loca and I go there all the time."

"Okay. It's probably not like Mexican food here or in Mexican food in Mexico." Jay looked at the other guys. "Hey, guys! JJ and I are going to dinner. We'll see you guys later, alright?"

The others responded. Jay and I left the house and got back into Jay's car. He drove me through the city and to the Santa Monica Beach. We parked and Jay led me to the food trucks.

We got some street tacos and sat on a bench facing the ocean. I laid my head on his shoulder as we ate.

Jay kissed the top of my head. "You're a great person, JJ. I hope you understand that."

I smiled. "Thanks, Jay. You're pretty cool too."

Jay wrapped an arm around me. "I want you to stay around for a little longer."

I smiled at Jay. "I'll try."