13. Proposal

I danced around my room with Jay. He spun me around and kissed me softly. I giggled and turned away, grabbing a shirt. Jay and I were going to the beach then out to eat.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

Jay smiled. "Of course."

We left with some beach towels and headed for the beach. When I parked and we got out, Jay wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

We put the towels and went to the water. Jay picked me up and tossed me into the waves. My scream was cut off by the water.

I found my footing and glared at Jay. He laughed, throwing his head back. I tackled Jay and we fell into the water. Jay stood up and held onto me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

Jay carried me deeper into the water. He eventually let me go and we started swimming. We played around in the waves for hours before we went back to the beach.

I grabbed a water bottle and started drinking. Jay wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tightly. I giggled and intertwined my fingers in his. Jay kissed my shoulder and snuggled into my neck.

"I'm in love with you, JJ," Jay said. "I want to marry you."

I pulled away slightly and looked at Jay. "I do too."

"Do you want to go out to eat after this?" Jay asked. "I'm starting to get hungry."

I nodded. "Of course. I'm hungry too."

We packed up our stuff and left. I changed in the car and we went to a sit-down restaurant. We ordered and were talking when Jay started digging around in his pocket. He pulled out a small box and got up from his seat.

Jay got down on one knee and opened the box. "Josie, I love you so much. I told you I would marry you one day. Will you do the honor of marrying me?"

I giggled and nodded. "Of course, Jay. Give me the ring."

Jay slipped on the ring and pulled me out of my seat. Everyone in the restaurant started clapping. Jay kissed me tenderly and held me tightly. I placed my hands on Jay's face, smiling.

Jay pulled away and pressed his forehead against mine. It was like a hongi.

"I love you," I murmured.

Jay smiled. "I do too."

I gave Jay another peck before sitting back down. Our food came shortly afterward and we started eating. I ate, looking at my ring sometimes. It was so beautiful.

I smiled, looking up at Jay. I loved Jay so dearly. I was so glad he asked me out all those months ago. I'm even happier he asked me to marry him. I couldn't wait for our wedding day.