Chapter 10: this human body

Eren's POV:

I've ran so far...again. I feel bad for ditching Levi like that...and my brain is still so scattered. Why did my mom commit suicide? Was it because of grisha? Or was it...me? Am I that much of a disappointment? I don't know...my head just hurts so much...?

Before I tried to run and get help for my mom, I couldn't go to the police station or I would be arrested instantly. I just need a doctor to see if they can save her, probably not but it's worth a shot, I couldn't find anyone, just getting horrified stares from strangers at the child covered in blood and crying in front of them. There was one couple who asked if I wanted them to call the police or them take me in, I refused immediately ,I just want my mom back...

I turned away from them and ran to an isolated forest. I think Levi knows where I am because it's not too far from the city, hopefully he does, I feel so guilty for running away and shouting at him, he might get angry at me for it.

I miss him, I miss my mom, I miss my friends. I burst out into tears, I'm such a miserable faliure, a mistake, a disappointment, constant insults towards myself rang throughout my head, making me fall to my knees and hold my head in agony as I torture myself more with my mind, I deserve this, my friends are probably sick of me, Levi probably is too, no wonder my mom killed herself, it's me! I'm the shit that made my mom kill herself!

Little did I know, Levi was listening in on the whole thing. He wrapped his arms around me from behind,

"Eren stop, all of that isn't true, nobody is sick of you, ESPECIALLY not me. It's not because of you your mom killed her herself, it's because of the shit your father put her through, calm down ,Okay?" He said softly to me

A few seconds later, I turn around and throw my arms around him, crying my eyes out as he held me in his arms, "Im s-so sorry L-Levi! I shouldn't h-have s-shouted at y-you, a-and ran away f-from you" I cry out

"Sshh Eren it's okay, it's okay" he whispered softly. I calm down a little, before Levi spoke again , "Eren..."
He said, I nod in response, "I'm going to have to leave this human body...I can't find you quick enough with it...and if the police or someone else gets to you before I do...it's you who gets the blame for the murders and I don't want that for you..."

What Levi said was probably best for the both of us ((wow Eren that sounded like what someone would say after a break up holy frick, totally not hinting anything btw))

I nod my head again, I can't really speak at the moment ,I've cried so much that I've temporarily lost my voice. ((Or was it something else Eren? Hm? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)))

Levi sat me against one of the trees before he went completely invisible, going back to being a full demon. For now, he took his visible form, but he can only stay visible for about an hour before going back to being invisible. Yeah, it felt lonely ,but I can still hear him at least.

He lifted me up from the spot he sat me in, only to sit where I was with me on his lap. I hug him, leaning my head on his shoulder. I could swear he is getting taller than me.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep on him, lost in a world of dreams...or in this case a world of nightmares. I just saw pitch black, standing in water, Levi was a distance away from me. I start making my way over to Levi, getting my legs soaked in the water on the way, as I get there, I stand around a meter apart from him. I can't move any further, why? I try again but I remain completely still. I see a figure walking up behind Levi, I can tell bad things are going to happen. The person came up behind Levi, holding one of those demon-guns (the ones that hunters use to kill demons) to the back of his head while they held Levi by the back of his neck, lifting him above the water. All I could do was just stand there and watch him struggle, it was agonising, I shot awake just as the trigger was pulled on the gun.

Just as predicted ,Levi was invisible again, I don't need this now. I need to be able to see him after what I just saw. The weird thing is Levi isn't speaking and my legs...they're wet.

———————————————————
-insert stranger things theme here-