Welcome to the wasteland Jesse

Based on fallout 4/ a game of unforgiving choices and a unforgiving wasteland

Jesse's POV

War.........war never changes. That's what my dad told me. He said it isn't glory and that it's not right. No one should have to live through it. I didn't understand what he meant back then but, now I do.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jetra
FALLOUT

---------------------------------------------------------

Before the bombs fell
I looked into the mirror as I wiped my face with a towel. I sighed, why did my father have to go back to the army? I then left the bathroom and headed towards the living room where my mother was watching tv and codsworth was fixing me coffee.

"Here you go sir!" Codsworth said as he handed me my coffee. "Thanks buddy" I said as I took a sip. "How are you feeling this morning honey?" My mom asked. "Better than yesterday" I said.

All of a sudden are doorbell rang. "It's that guy again. Jesse can you get it while I check on your sister?" My mom asked. I nodded as I started to walk to the door. I opened it to see the valut tec guy. "Good morning! Is this your lucky day!" He said. "Is it?" I said under my breath. "Because of your family's service it the army, the door of the vault are opened to you.... Vault 111" He said. "Cool" I said, not putting much emotion into it. "Yes I know, now will you please sign here" He asked as he handed me a pen. I did as told and signed. "Wonderful, Prepare for the furture!" He said as he started to walk away. "Umm...Thanks!?!" I said as I closed the door. I sighed in relief knowing that weirdo wasn't coming back.

"Sir, may I say it is nice to have a little bit of relief in case something does happen" codsworth said. "Yeah, I just hate thinking about nuclear bombs hitting here" I said. "Yes, I think everyone does" Codsworth said.  All of a sudden lucy started crying. "Jesse, I think Lucy needs that special effect that you do" My mom said. I smiled as I started to walk to my baby sister's room.

I looked down over the crib to see her. She laughed at me and reached for my hand. I laughed a little as she started to suck on my thumb when I gave her my hand. "You always make her smile." My mom said as she came into the room. "Will dad becoming back anytime soon" I asked as my smile slowly faded. "I don't know Jesse" She said as she rubbed my back. "I guess you'll just have to be the man of the house a little bit longer" she said. I smiled at that. Yep, my life is pretty much perfect.

"Jesse, Mom! You may want to come and see this!" Codsworth said. "Codsworth, what's wrong?" I asked. I started to make my way to the living room. "Reports are.....bombs are heading there way to.........oh notch..." the man said. All of a sudden a siren started to go off. "We have to get to the vault!" I said. My mom already had lucy.

I opened the door as we started to head to the vault. I looked up in the sky to see helicopters making their way to one area. I stayed behind my mom and lucy. They came first, they were my top priority. Soon we came to the gate. "Who's on the list!" The guy asked. "Were on the list!" I said. "One male, one female, and one baby. Alright your clear to go" He said. I nodded as we started to follow this guy. "What about the other people!" My mom asked. "Were doing everything we can! Now get onto that platform!" He said. We did as told and got on to the platform. There were other people here but not that many. "Everything's going to be fine now" I said to my mom as she nodded. All of a sudden there was a huge explosion over near were the beach was. Soon we started to head down. I closed my eyes, wanting this nightmare to be over!

When I opened them again we were still heading down but there was no way to get out. They had shut the vault above us. Soon we stopped and ahead of us were people. "Everyone follow us!" The guy said. "How long will we ne done here?" Someone asked. "We'll go over that soon. Right now we need to get you into your uniforms" the guy said.