Petra's Chain

(10 years ago)
(Petra age 7)
Petra's POV
"Drop your gun little one" A man in power armour said to me. "Never.." I replied. My arms and legs were shaking in fear. Reuben, the only friend I could trust was right beside me. "I'm not going to hurt you, my name is Paladin Danse. I'm with the Brotherhood of Steel" He said as he started to walk closer. Could I trust him? Could I let him in? Do I even have the strength to pull the trigger?

I closed my eyes tight... my gun slowly dropped to my side. The man came over and patted me on the head. "How?" I asked. I looked up at him. "How do I get stronger?"

(Petra age 15)

*BANG* (Reload) *BANG*
"Well done" Elder Maxson said. Paladin Danse looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I dropped the gun on the table and looked at Maxson. "Over the past years, you have shown your abilities and your disaplen...I'm sure your mentor, Paladin Danse is very happy about your progress" he said. "Indeed I am" Danse answered back.

"Petra, from this day forth...I grant you the rank of Knight" Elder Maxson said. I saluted, "Thank you Elder Maxson...I promise not to disappoint" I said with no emotion whatsoever. "Dismiss, and wait til further instructions" He said with a smile. He walked away and Paladin Danse came up to me. "Congratulations Petra, you've earned it" he said. "Thanks, I'm going to check on Reuben" I said. Danse nodded and let me head off to my room.

He knew I liked space. He was good at not pushing me to my limits when it comes to that. I entered my room and saw my most trusted friend run up to me with a wag in his tail. I bent down and stroked Reubens head. This time I had a smile on my face. Reuben and I had each other and that was all I cared about.

The Brotherhood of Steel have been training me for years. Mostly Paladin Danse but, sometimes I was instructed by someone else. They told me what could heal you, what could hurt you, and also how to survive a swarm of enemies by myself. You could say that they trained me into their own personal dog that kills. By this point, I've lost count how many I killed with a gun. It wasn't easy and there were times I felt like giving up but, I knew I had to survive. I don't know what but, something was telling me to go on. Like something was coming later on.

It's a crazy thought I know but, that thought is the reason I'm here today.

(1 years later)
(Petra age 16)

Pladian Danse POV

"Test her! What do you mean test her!" I asked. "I have reason to believe Petra won't pull the trigger on a synth...the mission she's on states that the synth won't be harmed... we'll change that... and I we... I mean you"

Petra's POV

I walked through Diamond City. "Hi Petra". "Hey it's the lone wanderer!". "Hey look there goes Petra the lone wanderer" I heard. I was famous I guess. I tried to help everyone I could while completing my main missions. With a gun in hand and leather armor tighten also mad dog by my side...I was good to go.

The target this time was a young man who is actually a synth. Reports are he was in diamond city right now. This would be my first target mission. Suddenly I saw him. A young man with blonde hair and blue eyes. I bent down next to Reuben. "Remember, we don't want to kill him. We just need to take him back to the brotherhood" I reminded. Reuben nodded as I stood up. I put my gun away to avoid a all out fire fight.

"Sir!" I called out. The man looked at me. That's when he started to look scared. "W-what? What do you need?" He asked. "I need you to come with me" I said. "I-i can't"
"Why not?"
"I'm busy.."
"Busy? Your not even working"
"...please just let me go" the truth finally came out. "Listen Blonde, I got a job to do" I stated. "My name isn't blonde, it's Lukas!" He said.