Part 10 - The Rose Between Two Thorns

Gajeel's POV

I knocked on the large door of Blood Rose's guildhall. Even from outside, I could hear the echoes from inside the building.

Quickly, I took several steps back to stand beside Levy.

"Whack yourself in the face."

"What why?!"

Levy looked at me and glared. "We need to make them believe that Maxiean beat you up or something."

"Or something?"

"Someone's coming!" Levy punched me in the nose and caused it to bleed.

"Agh!"

"Who's there?"

"It's- ahem, - it's me Maxiean." Levy lowered her voice slightly to make it seem like Maxiean was in control. If she let Maxiean take control she said that she'd lose time, so Maxiean said he'd guide her as much as he could. "I've returned, with a gift." That was to cue.

"Agh! Stop!"

"Hmm. Alright Maxiean, we've been waiting." The doors opened and revealed a tall muscular man, probably the same figure as Elfman, who looked down on me.

"H-Hello."

"You're Maxiean?"

Levy stood fast, I was proud. A while back she asked me to help train her for situations where she needed to be brave....

-----FLASHBACK-----

"Hey Gajeel?"

"What is it Shrimp?"

"Can you help me become brave?"

"Why're you asking me that?"

"Well, your the Iron Dragon Slayer. So I thought you were the bravest..."

Dang, she's sweet.

"Okay then. When should we start?"

"Now?"

"Great." I looked away and cracked my knuckles. I turned back to face her and smiled. "Let's see how well you can cope."

-----FLASHBACK END-----

"Of course I am, couldn't you sense me from the time when I was released?"

"Well yeah, but you were strong... And now you're here you seem super weak."

"I had a couple of hosts who were too strong for me at the time. However, this young, and rather attractive, girl was much easier to take hold of."

Dang Levy, you could get us caught.

"Eh, okay then. I'll let you in. But who's this guy?" The dude scrunched up his face. "And whys he all messed up?"

"He's a dragon slayer. I brought him as a, well, as a souvenir from my journey."

"Ah, that's why he's dressed like a freakshow."

"Oh yeah? What do you say for yours-" Levy kicked me behind the knee.

"Shut it."

"Nice Maxiean."

"What can I say?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levy's POV

I was freaking out when I made Gajeel bleed. I panicked even more when I hit him behind the knee.

He somehow stayed calm when Maxiean told him how I felt... Either that or he was holding back laughter with his faint but visible smiles.

"So Maxiean. What's the name of your host?"