On The Road To Recovery

I have found my greatest comfort in the purest angels of love - my parents.

They have accompanied me in every stage of my recovery, giving me all their love. They have always been there for me no matter what, but I was so foolish to have not noticed their valuable presence.

Not only my parents, I had shut out my only true friends too. Now I realize that I was just being plain selfish. Sandy, Alex and Jamie are the best friends anyone could have. They visit me every day and help me catch up with my studies as I haven't been going to school for the past 3 weeks.

I've been going to counselling sessions since 2 weeks. Mrs. Wilson, that's my counsellor is very caring. She's one of the people who is helping me regain my control over my life.

With all this help from so many people, I can actually feel myself getting better with every passing day. For the first time in 2 years, I can see a ray of hope, and that's all I need.

I feel like I can finally look ahead and make a difference.

I still haven't talked to anyone about the exact reason I attempted suicide. I decided it's high time I tell my parents.

I'm a bit nervous but I have to do it tonight - no matter how much it hurts to think about my tragic past.