A Faded Memory

Today. Is. The. Worst. Ever. Day.

I was with Caspian in the mall when Alan came out of nowhere and started talking to me. I was holding hands with Caspian at the time and I felt his grip on me tighten, actually too much. That's when Alan started flirting. He lightly touched my hand and Caspian let go of me at the same time. As he spoke, he held my hand stronger and started playing with my hair.  " I love your chocolate brown curls so much " he said. I replied " Uh.. Thanks. " What a shameless guy! I didn't wanna seem rude so I just kept smiling and nodding my head. Caspian's hand started shaking with fury and I quickly tried to end the conversation. But Alan was in no mood to do so.

" Alan, I think we should go" Caspian said.

" Dude, I came just now. What's the hurry?" Alan asked coolly.

" Come Kaitlyn, let's go." Caspian turned around and took me with him in the opposite direction, away from Alan. But before we could walk away, Alan put his hand around my waist and I turned back in shock.

" Kaitlyn. Is. Mine. " Caspian said in a demanding voice.  I just watched, not knowing what to do.

" She was mine before she was yours" Alan said, stressing on the word 'before'.

" Take your disgusting hand off my girl" Caspian ordered. When he didn't, Caspian said again, his tone demanding obedience " Take. It. Off." But Alan's hand only tightened around me.

Suddenly, within the blink of my eye, Caspian's hand shot up and punched Alan in the abdomen. I screamed. The look on Caspian's face was terrifying. That wasn't my boyfriend. No. It was like he had been possessed. I rushed to Alan who was rolling on the floor in pain. A group of people started to gather around us. I usually hate making a scene in public, but this time I had no choice.

" OMG what did you do? " I shouted with panic in my voice.

" He deserves it " Caspian said with his usual calmness returning to his voice.

" He was just talking to me! " I shot back.

" No, he wasn't. He was flirting with you and you know it. " Caspian said.

" Stop! You are just talking nonsense now" I said.

" Who? Me? Well, what about the girl who supports her ex over her boyfriend? " he spat.

" I am not supporting him! " I said truthfully.

" Yes, you are. I did this for you and this is how you thank me" Caspian said, the anger rising in him.

" It was totally unnecessary " I tried to reason with him.

" I'll tell you what was unnecessary. Alan trying to win you back, sorry steal you back was unnecessary and you cooperating with his evil plan was unnecessary " his words hit me like thunder, but I should have known that worst was to come.

" You are not the Caspian I fell in love with. You- you are just not the same. " I stammered trying to find the right words.

And then he said it. He said the words that nearly killed me. Those words stabbed my heart like sharp knives.

Caspian's P.O.V
I don't know what came over me. I just couldn't control myself. That asshole was hitting on Kaitlyn. I didn't want anyone to steal my girl. Call me selfish, jealous, whatever. But I felt painful at the thought of my girlfriend laughing at Alan's lame, flirtatious talk. My body shook with anger and I lost myself to anger. I punched him in the abdomen with all my power, hoping it would be enough to kill him. But he just fell to the ground and doubled over in pain. I just stood there looking at him, oddly satisfied that I had hurt him. But Kaitlyn was arguing with me for Alan! Who would have thought? 'I did this for you because I love you ' my mind urged me to scream. But the words came out all wrong. "Who do you think you are? You're a nobody to me. You're just a faded memory that won't last in my heart forever" I blurted out. Hell, she wasn't a nobody, she was my everybody. My world.               

" Caspian!" she shouted. I could see the pain in her eyes and it killed me to think that I had caused it. " Kaitlyn... " I began, but she cut me off. " If that's what you think of me, then fine! You lost me" she said sharply and walked off with Alan. I should have ran after her and told her that I didn't mean those words. But I just stayed, too shocked to move. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes and I fought them to stay back. I held my head in my hands and walked towards the parking lot and sat on my bike. It didn't feel familiar anymore, now that Kaitlyn wasn't there to hold my shoulders and waist like she always did. I felt hollow and empty without her and it hadn't even been 15 minutes since she left me. Scratch that, I made her leave me. I need to get my girl back, whatever the cost.