Phase 1: Befriend

" OK, you ready? " I asked over text.

" From the day I was born " he replied.

I couldn't help but laugh at his sense of humour even in this moment.

" Mission Mark, here I come " he texted me.

Mission Mark... I liked the sound of that. It made it sound more like a real mission.

Aha! Phase 1 accomplished. Caspian and Mark were grinning from ear to ear. This meant good news.

Well, good news if Mrs. Debby hadn't seen me staring at those 2 sitting in the front desk. She then went on to asking some random question I had no answer to, and just when she was going to give me a long lecture, I saw a hand shoot up in one of the desks in front of me.

" Ma'am I know the answer " Regina. She told some random answer and added with a sneer, " You can't blame Kaitlyn, ma'am. She's going through a lot now, especially the break up. "

All I eyes turned to me and I wanted to slap the hell out of that annoying asshole.

Caspian's P.O.V
" You broke up? " Mark asked, in disbelief.

" Yeah, she's a total jerk " I said, promising to punish myself later for this.

" I know what it's like. Me and Sarah used to be so close and I realized that she was just using me. "

Totally. Or is it the other way round? I thought to myself.

The bell rang. It was finally recess.

" Wanna have lunch with
me? "  Mark asked.

" Sure" I nodded. Looks like he doesn't have many friends. This is going to be easy.

During lunch, I just asked him some random questions and I answered each of his with truthfulness ( well, I tried.)

Later, we bid goodbye. Can't wait to tell Kaitlyn about the progress. And, oh, I was recording all our conversations, just in case he said something important.