The Accident On Purpose

A few days later...
Sandy is quite well now, but looks like that accident knocked some sense into her head. She prefers travelling with someone, rather than alone now. But doesn't that seem a bit... Unusual?

Anyways, me, Caspian, Jamie and Alex gave her a welcome party when she got back from her hometown. Well, we did an amazing job. Sandy loved it! The reaction on her face was priceless. 

Today, Sandy and me are gonna hang out at her house. As I reach for the doorbell of her house, I smile warmly smelling fresh cookies.

Sandy opens the door and I step in. We randomly chat for a while, munching on the cookies. Then, her face turns serious. She said, " There's something I need to tell you about the accident that day. " My stomach feels qeasy as I nod. And as she tells me the truth, I feel my fist close tight and my heart race faster.

" Do you remember Mark Todd ?  Well, I know one of his horrible secrets. H-he abused Sarah. But Sarah, being the pathetic girl she is, hid all this within herself. One day, I was just passing by Sarah's house and decided to pay her a visit. The door was wide open so I stepped in. The whole house was drowned in silence. I tiptoed to the study as I thought Sarah would be there. ( she's a bookworm, you know) I was right. She was in the study and so was Mark. I saw what he was doing to her. I can still remember it very clearly. I couldn't do this anymore. So I turned to leave, but. I was too late. He had seen me. Sarah had such a sad expression on her face, one that clearly said she had no hope left in her. But Mark had somewhat of an angry and fierce look. He looked at me with those cruel eyes. I began running. My legs felt wobbly and my lungs didn't have any air. I stopped to catch my breath and to make out where I was. I had been so scared I hadn't even noticed where I was heading. Just as everything came into view, a hand grabbed my shoulder. The touch felt rough and I didn't even have to spin around to see who it was. Hot tears were streaming down my face. I wiped them. I didn't want him to think I was just as weak as Sarah. I said I would report him to the police. But he threatened to kill Sarah if I did so and something about his statement told me he wouldn't hesitate to do so. I had no choice but to promise that I wouldn't breathe about it to anyone. As you know, Sarah moved to another country a few weeks back, so Mark knew he couldn't kill her even if I broke my promise. So he decided to kill me instead. That's how the so-called accident occurred. I haven't told a soul except you. We have to do something Kaitlyn. Please. " by the time she finished, we were holding each other and crying.

I couldn't believe what she said, but at the same time how could I not?  This is certainly going to lead us somewhere...