Chapter 18

Recap - Aruns entry

ARJUNS POV

I walked to the balcony and stared outside. The night breeze touched my face. I felt better. I don't know why.. for the past few days I've been feeling uneasy. Is it Workload or something else?

Ms. Aarohi seemed to be lost in another world with her friend. When I questioned Nivi About Arun I came to know that he came from Australia to meet her. And they've been friends from childhood. Nivi , sort of started to like his presence around her. He visits Aarohi every alternate evenings here. And spends time with Nivi. I don't why but his presence irks me.

The communication between me and Ms. Aarohi had dwindled. We talk in monosyllables and she has adopted this - talk - only - when - needed method. It's getting on my nerves now..After all I'm her boss. She keeps herself busy with Arun and Nivi.

I closed my eyes and breathed in fresh air. Nivi haven't failed to remind me that I've changed so much. But I haven't. Even though Keeping Aarohis words in my mind I'm trying my best to be open and free with Nivi. The ghosts of the past are playing behind me and watching me sinking into earth.

When I felt better my eyes fell on the standing figure of Aarohi , alone in the deserted road. Why didn't she go? I walked down , to the road.

"Ms. Aarohi?"

She turned towards me

"why are you standing here? "I asked

"Actually my scooty is not in a favourable condition and Arun couldn't turn up today. So I was waiting for a taxi."she said

"Hmm..we have a meeting with verma companies. Hope you'll be there tomorrow morning"I said making her grit her teeth. I can sense her irritation

"Sure Mr. Arjun. Im not a Alzheimer's patient. I remember"she said making me glare.

This girls gets on my nerves all the Time!

"Fine" I walked away from her.

I heard her stomping her feet. What does she expect from Me?  And Why should I care about her ?

I stopped in my tracks when i realised that it is night and it's not at all safe for her to travel alone. Yet my ego isn't letting me offer a help to her. I turned back and saw her rushing towards me. She came to me with heavy breath

"Are you okay?"I asked

" Mr. Arjun.. Can you please drop me? It's urgent"she said hurriedly.