Chapter 19

Recap - Arjun visiting Happy Homes

Arjun sat on his cabin , lost in his thoughts. His heart shrinked in pain. Tommorrow is going to be the worst day for him. Kavya had left him the same day. Tears rolled down his red shot eyes. He let it flow. He felt pain engulfing his entire body. He shut his eyes tight.

He felt a knock on the door and wiped his tears off.

"May I come in Sir.?"his manager intruppted.

" Hmm.. "Arjun nodded

"Sir.. Your drink.."

"Keep there and go.."

The manager kept the bottles in the table and turned to go.

"Call me if you need something sir "

Arjun kept mum and opened a bottle of whisky. The manager left the cabin.

By evening 6 he was 2 bottles down

By evening 6 he was 2 bottles down. His head swam and heart felt heavy. He kept wiping his tears and helped himself with another glass. When he was finally done , he managed to grab the keys from the drawer and locked his cabin. Everyone else had left the office. Including Aarohi. She didn't get time to check on Arjun.

The watchman helped him to get into his car.
.
.
.
AAROHIS POV

Time is nearing 9 and i don't know where the hell Mr. Arjun is. He haven't returned back from office. Nivi had slept early and i can't leave her alone here. I kept trying him over the phone.

Tommorrow is Nivis birthday. For the first time I'm celebrating it with her. And then it struck me. Tommorrow is Kavyas death anniversary too. He might be in pain.

I brushed aside the thoughts when i heard the car horn. I looked outside the window and sighed in relief when i saw his car. I quickly rushed downstairs and stopped in my tracks when i saw him walking inside. His legs aren't steady on the ground. I gasped when i realised that hes drunk. Is he out of his mind? I grit my teeth and walked towards him.

"Mr. Arjun ?"

He looked at me , expressionless. His eyes are red which send shivers all over me.

"What?"

"Are you drunk..?"i asked

He shrugged his shoulders and walked inside without bothering to answer me. I walked behind him and held his wrist