Dear Jayy, It's My Fault - Part 9

Dear Jayy, It's My Fault - Part 9 - Jayy's P.O.V

"Sure." I answered Jake and he grinned at me, before slipping the ring on my finger and pulling me into a hug. I practically heard my father roll his eyes... Well I say my father but I knew I was adopted... Only Andy didn't, but I'm sure someone'll tell him soon enough.

People came over and gave us their congratulations... All except my father, who instead decided to have a word with Jake in private... Lovely... I swore to myself that if my father so much as tapped Jake in a provoking way, I'd hit him, and I'm pretty sure he was aware of that.

"I'm happy for you Baby Biersack." CC sat on my lap and I rolled my eyes.

"You're crazy CC." He just stuck his tongue out at me. "You're kind of heavy too." He pouted before getting up. I noticed Alice looked really sad. "Alice? Can I have a word in the kitchen?" She nodded and followed me in.

She looked like she was going to cry as soon as she was out of the way of Ashley... I really hoped she was alright since we'd gotten quite close lately.

"So, what's wrong?" She sighed as I pushed myself up so I was sat on the worktop.

"Just... Seing you and Jake being so happy together and him proposing on your birthday is just so cute and I don't think Ashley and I will be like that..." She sighed again.

"Stop right there! Of course you will! You've not been together long or even known each other long enough to be like me and Jake, I mean, I've liked him since I was about 10!" I felt two arms wrap around my waist and looked up to see Jake.

"Well hi Jake." Alice smiled and then went to leave but I stopped her.

"Oi, I'm not done talking to you." She pouted and then we went outside and sat on the step. "So, you could actually just talk to him and tell him." She pouted again.

"I'm not telling him that I basically want a better relationship. I think that's just slightly harsh to be honest. I don't want to hurt his feelings..." I then noticed Ashley was behind her.

"Hurt who's feelings?" I got up and excused myself, leaving them alone to talk. I swear I caused more problems than anything else...

I sat on Jake's lap and he sat hugging me while he was talking about something I automatically tuned out of. I did that more than I should too...  I then realised I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in mine and Jake's bed.

I looked around the house and couldn't find him, all I found was a note from him:

Jayy,

Gone out to help Ash get something for Alice, won't be long.

Love, Jake xx <3

I laughed to myself and just walked into the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea for the billionth time this week. I knew Jake would probably kill me for using the last tea bag in the house but I was sure he'd been meaning to get some anyway. I decided to text him.

If you're not already on your way back, pick up tea bags.... I used the last :P xxx- Jayy

A few minutes later I got a reply.

Got it sorted on the way out, I shouldn't be too long now, Ashley's driving me back :)xxx - Jake

I smiled and texted him back:

Knew there was a reason I love you :Pxxx - Jayy

I pretty much instantly got a reply.

Since you were 10 ;)xxx - Jake

I just glared at my phone, hoping he would somehow know I was... I really didn't think it worked until I felt someone standing in front of me.

"Are you trying to glare at me through your phone?" I shook my head at Jake. "You were! I thought you loved me!" I laughed to myself and kissed him.

"I obviously love you or else I wouldn't have said yes to you today now would I?!" He smiled and then I realised what time it was... 8pm. "Ja-aaaa-ke?" I dragged out the 'a'.

"What's up?" He was so normal now... Hmm..

"Order food?" He laughed and picked up the phone. When he put it back down after ordering pizza, he walked back over to me. "ANYWAY, you're being rather normal today Jake... What's up?" He rolled his eyes.

"I'm trying not to tell you something that I shouldn't be telling you..." He started to go all mumble-y. I glared at him.

"Please tell me?" I pouted a little.

"Don't pout, you look like a duck! And MAYBE I'll tell you tomorrow... If you're lucky!" He stuck his tongue out and went to answer the door, getting the pizza off the guy and paying him.

After eating we spent the rest of the night watching loads of random film including Shaun of the Dead which was my favourite. I also drank loads more tea... WHY DID I DRINK SO MUCH TEA?! I've always been asked that... Maybe because I'm originally from Britain before I was somehow adopted by an American family and moved over here...

"Jayy?!" I looked up to see Jake looking at me, concern on his face. "Are you alright? You've zoned out loads..."

"I guess I've just been thinking about a lot lately..." He weakly smiled... I hoped he didn't think that I was rethinking saying yes to him. "Especially about how much of an awesome idea it was to say yes to you since you're essentially the best thing to happen to me." He kissed me and smiled as he pulled away.

"Alice'll soon have that feeling too but with Ash." He instantly seemed to regret saying it but I knew exactly what he meant.

Ashley was going to...