1

Julianna Coley

                     Julianna Coley

  I pulled up to Chesapeake Energy Arena for the Thunder game. I was a season ticket holder, so I wouldn't miss this game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. My dad had surprised me with season tickets for my birthday earlier this year.

"Ya ready?" I asked my best friend Cynthia. This was her first NBA game ever. So I hoped these boys would put on a performance tonight.

"Ya, I can't wait to see fine ass Paul George himself." She licked her lips.

I laughed. "Girl.. he ain't that fine but whatever ya say." I stepped out of my car.

"That man is fine, I don't know what you're talking about," She whined.

I knew that this could take a while. Just because we always seem to get into stupid arguments. If we were at home I would fight her on this but since the game is about to start I kept it short and simple.

"Let's just agree to disagree, OK?" I put my hands up in defense.

She hesistantly agreed as we quickly joined the large crowd of fans who were waiting to get inside the already packed arena. One of the employees recognized me and waved for me to come to him. After all I'm a season ticket holder.

"Hey Carl," I said to the man I would always see upon entering the arena.

"Hey Julianna. I see you brought a friend with you." He pointed out.

He stuck his hand out for her and they quickly introduced themselves. He let us in, and we finally made it inside the arena. I led us to our seats and Cynthia was amazed at how close our seats were to the court.

"We this close?" She raised an eyebrow. I nodded my head as she gasped and looked around the arena.

"Ya, the first time here is always special. Let's just hope Russ dunks on KAT." I said while Cynthia was taking pictures of the arena, our seats, and herself in the arena. She can be a little bit extra sometimes, but I love that about her.

"KAT big ass gonna block Russ," She chuckled.

I gasped. "What'd you say,"

"Forget I said anything.." She paused as the players finally walked onto the court. I could tell her eyes were glued on Paul George.  I rolled my eyes as I sat back down on my seat.

x
x
x
                         Paul George

"You better hit me for the dunk, bro" Russ said to me. I turned around to face him but he was already gone. He mad quick.

I got a few more shots up. They were all swishes. I was hoping to bounce back from a poor shooting performance against the Nuggets. I was so ass that game. I let my teammates down.

I looked over at the crowd. I always loved seeing how much love they give to us. They definitely give us a strong home court advantage. I noticed a woman a few rows back from our bench. She was on her phone, but she was beautiful.

She glanced over to the court, and then me and we made eye contact. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Yooooo! Lets win," Carmelo had jumped on my back. I frowned as I had lost her attention. He ruined my moment.

"Bro," I groaned. "I was doing something with this girl"

Carmelo frowned. "Boy nobody staring at you." He looked over to the crowd of fans.

I put my hands up. "Well maybe cause it was our moment. Whatever I know where she sitting.." I trailed off.

He chuckled, "has PG gone crazy? We'll find out today on Carmelo TV" he joked.

I pushed him off as Coach Billy Donovan called us to discuss our game plan for these Timberwolves. 

Throughout the game I would glance over at her, and just smile at her. She was so beautiful I couldn't help it. We were up by seven points with three minutes remaining. I had the ball in my hands and found a cutting Russ who dunked on KAT. The arena erupted into cheers as the Timberwolves called a timeout.

Melo pulled me aside. "Wow you really weren't playing when you said you liked this girl"

"Nah, she's beautiful and even when I stare at her it doesn't ruin my game. It makes me want to play even better" I said back, putting my arms on my hips. 

He laughed back. "She's got you hooked and you ain't even talked to her."

I couldn't say anything back as Russ put his arms around Carmelo and I. "Bros, what we talking about?"

I'm assuming Coach didn't think we had to change anything, so none of us took this timeout seriously. "PG is in love!" Melo yelled.

I slapped his hand. "Shut up. She's only a few rows back."

"Damn, man. Pretty sure she ain't gonna hear me yelling when the fans are going crazy." He spoke up as he turned around and motioned his hands up. He wanted them to raise the roof, if that was even possible.

"Bruh, this is crazy!" Russ had to yell cause his voice was barely audible.

"Best home game of the season!" I yelled back. I don't think they heard me though cause they both stood there just staring at the crowd.

The referees blew the whistles. The timeout was now over. We all headed back onto the court. We were right there, just needed to excute and grab the W.

x
x
x

After the game ended. I turned my attention towards the girl I had smiled at for the whole game. It was easy to grab her attention. I waved at her and motioned for her to come wait outside the lockerroom.

She pointed at herself in confusion. I nodded my head, as she grabbed her purse and her friend followed close behind her. I didn't even think about what I was gonna say to her. I just wanted to introduce myself to her and exchange numbers.

She ran down the stairs and into the  restricted area. That was where the security had stopped them.

I rushed my way over to them. "But Paul --" she said

The security guard looked at me. "Are they with you?" The woman raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, they're with me." I spoke calmly. The woman let them both in, I could tell how nervous she was as her cheeks were already pink.

- -

This is gonna be interesting! It's always fun writing about a player I haven't written about before. I just hope to be consistent with this book.

But anyways, what are your first thoughts on Julianna and Cynthia? 

Thank Y'all for reading.