Prologue

Seokjin was never one to believe in ghosts.

So when his best friend Kim Taehyung started to make assumptions that his new apartment room was haunted, Seokjin stood there giving Taehyung a blank stare.

"Tae, you're delusional." Seokjin says as he sets the last box in the living room that was filled with lots of other boxes. He had just moved into this place after spending his whole life with his mother in Gwacheon. Moving to Seoul was a new start for him.

Taehyung drops to the floor in frustration. "Hyung, look at the wallpaper in this place." Taehyung complains. Seokjin looks around and he does get where his friend is coming from. Most of the paint on the walls were ripped off, showing the wooden parts. It did look like something from a horror movie.

"Ghost aren't real. I'm done with this conversation. I won't have you freaking me out on my first night sleeping here." Jin huffs. He plops on the couch that luckily came with the apartment. As soon as he hit the fabric, he was engulfed in dust particles.

"Whatever hyung. I've seen many documentaries on this type of stuff. I gotta go. My night shift starts soon." Taehyung says. "Bye!"

Jin watches as his friend made his way out the house. There was an eerie silence now that Taehyung was gone. Jin doesn't do his best alone. His anxiety always raises when he's all alone.

He looks down at his phone at notices that it was getting close to midnight. Him and Taehyung were only able to get his bed and tv set up. Jin stands up and starts walking to his room. He has work in the morning at the small gas station around the corner. As he got close to his bed he realizes that all his blankets were packed away in another box.

Jin gives a sad sigh and laid in his bed curled up into a ball. He did have a night stand next to him the had a music box and lamp placed on top of it. The music box also came with the apartment.

Jin rolled over to the night stand and picked up the wooden music box. He examined it carefully. Engraved on the side of the box was a sentence and date.

Play to your soulmate - k.n

Seokjin laughs at it. "Okay." Jin places the music box back on the night stand and turns off the lamp. The box probable belonged to a previous owner.

Two hours fly by and Jin is still wide awake. He's cold and can't sleep. Great.

He shivers in his bed and tries to curl up a bit more for more warmth. The main reason he can't sleep is because he's worried that some terrible thing might happen if he closes his eyes for even a second.

Out of nowhere, the vent above Seokjin's head gave off warm air instead of cold air. He thanks the universe quietly and tries to get more comfortable on his mattress. He tries to close his eyes and sleep.

Jin's heart almost jumps out of his chest when he hears a soft melody echo through the room. He sits up in his bed and looked around the dark room. He turns on the lamp next to him and sees that the music box is wide open with soothing notes flowing out of it. Jin looks in the box to see that there was a tiny wooden heart spinning around the box with the words 'I love you' engraved into the center.

"Cute but you got the wrong person Mr music box. Now let me sleep." Jin slams the opening to the music box down which causes the the music to cut.

Seokjin turns off the lamp and rolled around back into position. After many tries, he manages to fall asleep.

°
Seokjin wakes up to a sound that he assumed was glass breaking. He notices the light seeping through the bedroom blinds hinting that it was morning. Jin gets out of bed to go investigate what broke.

He walks into the kitchen to see a plate had fallen which made no sense since last night him and Taehyung put the plates in the cabinets and all the cabinets are closed.

Jin groans and tries to pick up the glass with his bare hands, causing him to cut the palm of his hand. As soon as that happened, the same melody from last night started blasting throughout the apartment.

Jin runs to his room to see the music box was open again but the music was much louder. Seokjin slams the opening down with his wounded hand which caused blood to smear on the wood. Luckily the music had stopped.

Now he can focus on his hand. Jin goes into the bathroom and wrapped gauze around the wound after putting cream on it. He then sweeps up the glass from the kitchen.

Jin look up at the clock; it was time for him to go to work.

.
.
.
Apologies for any spelling mistakes.