13

That same morning Jin had decided to head out to the library to return the books and ask about the job.

Once he got there, he walked up to the front desk where Hoseok was sadly pouting. "Excuse me, I'm here to return this book." Seokjin mubles, sliding the book to Hoseok.

Hoseok sadly smiles at Jin and pushes the book back. "M-My manager is making you pay for it."

Jin's eyes widen at the statement. "Why? I don't have the money for that!" He yells, alerting some people reading nearby. He seriously didn't have the money. He just payed off his rent which meant all the money Joon gave him was gone.

"You better figure it out then." A familiar voice says from behind him.
Jin turned around to see it was his old friend, Sejun. He read the nametag which said "assistant manager." How did he even get that far in the job when he just got here?

Seokjin glanced back at Hoseok who had his head hanging low. There was a slight bruise on the side of his face but it wasn't Jin's place to ask about it.

"I can't pay for it." Seokjin repeats more firmly towards Sejun.

Sejun smirks before adding onto Jin's worry. "You also have to pay for that broken window." Sejun pointed towards the window that cracked a few days ago. "The security cameras saw that you were the one who was sitting in the chair and was the closes to the chair, making you the one who threw the chair at the window. We then saw you run out with the book which is technically stealing so we have to charge you or its arrest. You have two days to give us the money for the book and window or the authorities will be called. The total price will be 350 dollars. The repairs for the window costing about 300 while the book is just 50."

Jin nodded, taking in all the information. Even if he was given any job he only has two days to pay off a lot of money. Jin took one look at the necklace before sighing.

He would have to sell it.

Seokjin bowed at both Sejun and Hoseok. Before he left out the doors he heard Hoseok whisper "good luck."

He got on his bike and rode to the nearest pawn shop. Once there, he removed the necklace and walked inside, waiting in line.

There was a little girl and her mom standing in front of him. "Mommy, can we get subway after we're done?" The little girl asked which her mom nodded to.

Their conversation reminded Jin that he has yet to eat. He's only been drinking the water bottles in his fridge.

Once it was his turn, he handed the necklace to the worker who scanned the necklace. Seokjin tapped his feet anxiously, waiting to see how much money he could get in return since it was real gold.

"We can't take this." The worker said, handing the necklace back to Jin.

"W-why not?"

"There is one crack on each wing. Check the back." Jin turned the necklace around to see that the worker was absolutely right. There was two cracks on the back of the butterfly's wings.

"Oh okay. Sorry for taking up time." Jin quietly said before walking out the store. He put the necklace back on and rode all the way home.

-

When he got there, he slammed his apartment door closed and dropped to his knees, letting out loud sobs. He didn't know what to do, he has no job. There was absolutely no way he could pay off the money.

He saw a figure sit criss cross in front of him and he knew exactly who it was. Seokjin immediately wrapped his arms around Namjoon and cried into his shirt.

"I'm hungry Namjoon. I'm so hungry." Jin said through his cries. Namjoon rubbed Jin's hair, trying his best to provide comfort.

Namjoon lifted up Jin's head, and Jin proceeded to look at his lover with sad, teary eyes. Slowly, Namjoon leaned in and connected their lips and that's when Jin broke down again.

Of course he kissed Namjoon back, their lips moving perfectly against eachother as Jin's tears kept falling.

Namjoon was the one to break apart the kiss and he leaned his forehead against Jin's. "Baby, you forgot about the one person who has helped you with everything." Jin watched as Namjoon slid Jin's cracked phone towards him.

"Call Taehyung."

-

Did I say there was going to be only fluff in these chapters?

Yeah I lied.