Chapter 2 - Who Is He, I wonder?

I was getting scared. I didn't know what to do. He could have done anything that could have caused lose someone's life. The knocking grew in frequency. I had to open the door. So I opened it.

Don was changed from the last time I saw him.

Longer black hair which reached up to his shoulders ripped body and his eyes were full of mischief and naughtiness as I realized that I was only in a towel because I just finished showering. So I quickly ran down towards the bathroom, so I could wear the clothes I was planning to wear, which were a simple but comfy T-shirt and a pair of shorts.

However, before I knew it, Don held me against his chest and started running his fingers on my neck, and then on the shoulders while coming in the apartment. He stopped till my hands and held my hand on his chest and kissed my knuckles and made me turn around so I was facing him. He left the gun on the shelves. Somehow, it felt as if Rahul was there, in front of me. Then, I dismissed that thought.

It can't happen. Rahul was dead because of Don.

Then I saw something in his eyes which made them completely red and was bothering him and he couldn't take it off for some reason. Or maybe did not want to. Or wanted me to remove it. I took out his glasses and then tried to remove what was a grain. I then looked at him to see if there were any grains or anything that was bothering him.

I told him: "I removed what was bothering your eyes now. Can you leave me now, please?"

I then grasped that while I was saying it, I was very calm. I was not getting impatient at all. I don't know why. And him? He just listened to me very intently.

When he started touching my arms again, I felt like hugging him really tight, as if I was missing his touch on my body. I realized I was shivering. Because the way he was touching was the same as Rahul's.

Don then left me and went towards the bathroom, without saying anything.

In that time, I managed to change my clothes. I saw a blood mark on my towel, where the stomach was.

I then heard Don moaning, so I went in the bathroom and saw Don trying to remove a bullet from his stomach and there was blood everywhere. He was struggling to stay straight, as he lost a lot of blood.

I said to him: "Look Don, I can help you with that. Just stay calm. I have been in those situations. Just lie on the bathtub."

"No, I don't need your help. I can manage. Like every time. Without you."

The way he said it made me wonder.

He started feeling weaker and weaker, till I held him in my arms and took him to the bed, where I removed the bullet. I had made an anaesthetic injection so that he doesn't feel any pain. I then washed the shirt that he wore, covered in blood and waited for the shirt to dry. I was getting nervous, so I got out of the balcony and took a cigarette. That makes me really relaxed. I then came back in when I saw that Don was not on the bed anymore.

"Don, where are you? You've got stitches on the stomach; you are not supposed to move. Just try and relax. I won't harm you."

I heard a voice which was far away as if echoing. "Promise?"

"Promise."

I suddenly felt something on my shoulders. He was leaning his chin on my shoulders and his hands were around my waist. He then started to kiss me behind my ear, then slowly on the neck and I was becoming more and more aroused by him and I wanted more.

I wanted to kiss him so badly.

He then suddenly turned me around so that our lips were just inches apart. He then leant and kissed me on the cheeks. He was going away when I took his hand and held it on my chest. My chest was pounding.

I asked him: "Who are you? Mujhe aisa lag raha hai ki tum.... woh ho joh main soch rahi hoon."

"Kaun?" His eyes were intense as if they were looking in my soul and his voice was raspy, which made him even more attractive.

"R...R...Rahul."

He then opened his shirt, and there was a tattoo. The tattoo that Rahul had on his chest.

I love you Riya. I love you more than anything else in this world. I would do anything to make you smile. I would give up my own life if that's needed.

And there it was, the man that I love more than my own life. In front of me. I started crying and ran towards him and hugged him really tight and started to kiss him, realizing that the man was in front of me was my Rahul. He kissed me back, with just as much passion and craving as I was. The man I loved all my life. The man that I was supposed to get married.

But.... why did he become Don? And why did he fake his own death? Why didn't he tell me about it? Didn't he trust me? There were so many questions going through my mind, that I felt dizzy. And then...black.