Chapter 3 - Flowers And A Message

The next thing that I remember is that I am lying in my bed with an icepack in my head. I touched my own head and I gathered the consciousness that I had a fever. And quite high, actually.

I went towards Rahul's picture and kissed its lips and said: "I love you. I love you, Rahul. Why did you leave me alone, ah? Where are you? I WANT TO HUG YOU, I WANT TO LOVE YOU, but you are not here. WHY???? WHY, DAMNIT. WHY? " Then I broke down crying and punched the wall till my hands were bleeding. Then I fell on the floor, hopeless.

I got up after what seemed like an era, feeling really thirsty and hungry. So I went towards the kitchen to get a glass of milk. I drank it in one gulp. I then realised that there was silence. No one in the apartment apart from me. It can't happen. Rahul was with me a while ago. I remembered that he kissed me on the cheek and on the lips and I started touching the cheek and my lips that he kissed. They were a bit swollen. I started blushing.

I then went towards the bathroom, to check if Don was there or not. No trace. None at all. It seemed that he was never there. He never came in here. Probably.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I saw Roma preparing some dishes in the kitchen.

"Riya, are you feeling okay now? I came in 2 hours ago and you were sleeping deeply, so I didn't want to disturb you. I made some breakfast for myself. Do you want some?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay."

I waited on the kitchen counter and sat down on a nearby chair. I was trying to remember what happened yesterday and it made me wonder. Normally Don would have wanted to meet his jungli billi, and the only person he calls that is Roma.

I started thinking. What could be something that he wants from me? Is it that he wants me to feel weak, feel helpless then? I don't know. There are so many questions and not one answer.

Roma was calling me, but I was not listening, so she threw me a glass of cold water in my face. She noticed I was getting nervous.

I screamed at her. "What's wrong with you Roma!!? Tumhe ho kya gaya hai, yaar? Aise koi pani ko phek ta hai kya?"

She replied. "Riya, tumhe kya hua hai? Tum pareshaan lag rahi ho aur mere sawal ka jawab nahi de rahi ho. Is everything okay?"

I hesitated. Should I tell her about yesterday? I do not know. I am so confused myself. It is better that I don't tell her; otherwise, it would just create a ruckus.

"Kuch bhi to nahin. I am fine. I am probably nervous and cranky because of Don. You know that I keep having these hallucinations that Don is going to come back and then he doesn't come. It's because of him that I am a bit cranky. I probably need a vacation. Go somewhere that no one can recognize me and have a relaxed life."

"I know that feeling, Riya. I would like to have a vacation as well. Don has drained me completely. You know what; I am going to ask Malik Saab to give us a vacation, so we can go together."

At that point, my phone rings. It's Malik Saab.

"Riya, hello. Come straight to the office now, and take Roma with you. We've got some info about Don."

"Ok Sir, we're coming."

"What happened?"

"We've got some info about Don."

I got dressed and we drove towards the office.

My heart was beating faster than ever. Maybe we have found his exact location and now we can capture and arrest him. My boss was looking very agitated and, somehow confused as well, when I came in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I came in, my boss directed me to my office. I was shocked. It was fully decorated with flowers and on the table, there was a piece of paper, which read:

 It was fully decorated with flowers and on the table, there was a piece of paper, which read:

Made by yours truly,

Don

I didn't know how to react anymore. It felt weird to get this from him. The confusion that I had grew more. Why would Don send this to me? And then I remembered what happened yesterday. That meant that whatever had happened, actually happened.

And for some reason, I was happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this, I stayed in my office and think about what just happened. I can't believe that Don would do it, but I would definitely believe it if it were Rahul. So does that mean that he was Rahul? My Rahul is alive?

I kept working till 5, and at that moment I got a call. I was a bit confused since normally no one would call me when I was working. So I went and picked the call.

"Hello?"

It was him. I could recognize him from his breath.

"Ab free ho?"

"No."

"Don?"

"Hmm?"

"Yeh sab kyu? Mere kareeb aane ki koshish kyu kar rahe ho?"

"Kyu ki tum meri ho. Main tumhe aapne saath le jaane wala hoon hamari duniya mein. Get ready, sweetheart. Bye Riya. I miss you."

Kyu ki tum meri ho. Hamari duniya.

Before I could ask him anything, he disconnected the call. And for some reason, I was very happy.