Chapter 6 - I Leave The Good

The calls were becoming even more frequent than before, which was a shock, to say the least.

He knows that I know him. All of him. And he also knows that I will make sure that he regrets the day he came into my life, but I am not sure I regret him coming.

After all, I had a heart. And now I don't want him to hurt me anymore than he did already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had told him that I didn't want to see him and I had meant that. So, after a month of trying to avoid him, I knocked onto Mallik Saab's office.

"Come in. Kaun? Ah Riya, tum? Kya hua? Don ka paata chala?"

"Nahin. Main aapko yeh patana chahti hoon ke I am quitting. I won't work for Interpol anymore."

"Why?"

"I am fed up of this hide and seek, Sir. I am fed up of being Detective Inspector [Weapon Specialist], working for Interpol Priya Roy. Main ab sirf Priya banna chahti hoon. Main ab aapne liye jeena chahti hoon. And that means leaving my job, to figure out what I want to do later."

"Toh kya tum yeh chahti ho ke Don khule am ghume?"

"Itne saalon mein woh kabhi mere haath nahin aaya Sir, toh kya guarantee hai ki woh agli baar aayega? 10 saal hone ko hai, jabse yeh case liya hai. Ab main thak gayi. Aur meri ek request hai. Aap yeh case, na Roma ko dedena. She is the fittest for the case, and I am sure that she will make progress, unlike me. She is a star, and she won't make you regret it."

"Theek hai. Jaise Tumhari marzi."

At that point, Roma comes in and she is very upset.

"Priya, you're leaving me?"

"No. I am not leaving you. I am leaving Interpol, and I am definitely leaving everything and everyone else related to this. There is a difference, Roma."

"Then, why are you leaving?"

"It's mainly because I want to.... live like other people. And not have this nerve-racking thought that he is following me or other issues that I have. Mallik Saab, main ab azaad hona chahti hoon and please Roma ko guide karlena. Huse aapki zaroot hogi. Goodbye."

Roma took the leave for the day, so we could spend some time before I leave and find another place.

"Priya, ab kaha jaogi?"

"Pata nahin. Maybe back home. I haven't seen my brother and his girlfriend, for a while now. He is definitely not going to be happy that I will be coming to him last minute."