I'm breaking on the inside and slowly melting bc of my part time job :,^(

Have a filler chapter bc plot is somewhat important😂

"Leo, this is quite personal but, have you ever conceived before?", Hyuk asked tentatively.

Leo shook his head. "No."

The doctor hummed and placed the papers away. "Okay. Hong Bin lead Hakyeon back to the office. I'll see to Leo's injury."

"Can't Hakyeon stay?", Leo asked making Hakyeon pleasantly surprised.

"He needs to check with Hong Bin a few things. I'll treat you then you can go back with Hakyeon as soon as possible," Hyuk explained and gestured for the two to leave.

Hong Bin led Hakyeon back and fished out a book, placing in in front of Hakyeon on the desk.

"Okay so I ran some tests and we've found out that Leo has a chance of conceiving," Hong Bin said slowly.

"I'm sorry what?"

Hong Bin sat on the doctor's seat and raised a hand. "It sounds weird but trust me, it's not uncommon for hybrids these days."

Hakyeon said nothing and listened attentively to the assistant. Apparently Leo was able to get pregnant, even after being spayed once a few years ago.

"So he will go through, what most people refer to as, heat. So you have to be careful and also very understanding because they tend to get more emotional," Hong Bin told the human and wrote down specific things in case Hakyeon forgot.

"More emotional and horny, " Hong Bin added with a little smirk at the end.

Hakyeon took a look at what Hong Bin wrote and realised what Wonshik meant by 'hard'. For some reason Hakyeon already felt like he was on the losing end of the bet.

"It's not easy looking after him sometimes," Hakyeon sighed and smiled at Hong Bin. "And it's been less than a day since I met him."

"It depends on their genetic make up. I'm only ten percent animal so the most 'animal' I'll ever be is showing my bunny ears," Hong Bin laughed. "Leo's a forty-three percent, I've checked."

The two of them started a small conversation up until Leo and Hyuk both came back. Leo's leg had some bandages tied around them and he was given crutches as well.

"Everything's done, Hakyeon-shi. Please take good care of yourselves," the doctor and his assistant bowed simultaneously.

Leo and Hakyeon thanked them and let themselves out. Payment was made at the same counter and that was that. Leo happily got into the car and they took off. The hybrid pressed his body against the side of the car and shut his eyelids. Hakyeon smiled and lowered the volume of the radio and drove slowly, letting the hybrid get some sleep.

Hakyeon decided to get some groceries on the way and stopped by the supermarket. He glanced and figured Leo was still sound asleep so he left his phone and only brought his wallet and keys. The human ran and quickly got a few key things he needed, since there was going to be two people in the house for a while.

"What does Leo like...", Hakyeon muttered a question to himself.

He reached out for a few sweets and snacks that he thought maybe the hybrid would like. He bought more coffee too, knowing that the cat loved coffee. Once done, Hakyeon paid for his items and rushed back to the car, only to notice Leo was holding onto his phone.

"What's up," Hakyeon asked as he placed the bags down.

"Wonshik called. He told me to never come back and that you're gonna leave me after one month," Leo replied.

Hakyeon stood still and frowned at Leo. "Are you sure it was Wonshik who called?"

Leo handed the phone over to Hakyeon and the latter checked his call log. It was indeed Wonshik who had phoned him. He scratched his head in frustration and got back to the drivers seat.

"He's talking bull. Even if he doesn't want you near him, I'm not gonna throw you out," Hakyeon said, his blood pressure rising.

How could Wonshik say such a thing?! It was heartless and nothing Hakyeon thought his best friend would ever say.

The hybrid sighed. "Even if looking after me's just a measly bet?"

Hakyeon felt his heart ache a bit at the way Leo had said that. "I-It's not a bet. I just wanted to show Wonshik I could-"

Leo sighed and cut Hakyeon mid-sentence."It's fine. I don't care."

The hybrid pulled down his beanie to cover his eyes and leaned away from Hakyeon's direction. Hakyeon sighed and continued driving. But I care...

But then again, why did he care? He'd known Leo for less than a day. Heck, he didn't even know what were Leo's perception and views towards him. Yet, Hakyeon felt the need to look after him, ensured that Leo was nursed back to pink health. As the Hybrid slept, Hakyeon tried sorting out his conflicted thoughts around the whole situation.