十三

My author note at the end will explain why I'm updating today.

The room was silent in the morning as Hakyeon lifted his eyelids, and the space beside him was no longer occupied by the hybrid that had cuddled to sleep with him the previous night. Hakyeon grabbed the nearest pillow and hugged it close to his chest, smothering his face with it. Taekwoon's scent was still on it and Hakyeon found himself unconsciously smiling at the thought of the hybrid.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was falling hard for the hybrid and swore to himself that he was going to show love and affection to Taekwoon every single day for as long as they were going to be together. Speaking of which, where was the hybrid? Hakyeon sprung out of bed and went downstairs, peering into the kitchen first.

"Taekwoon-ah," the human called out and continued looking around for the little cat.

Hakyeon heard incessant meowing from a corner and slowly walked towards the sound. Taekwoon was in his animal form, rolling around and rubbing his face against the leg of the table.

"Taekwoon," Hakyeon said as he leaned forward to pick up the cat. He pet the cat and frowned. "Why are you so warm?"

Before Hakyeon could pick him up, the cat transformed back into his human form and lunged himself at Hakyeon. Taekwoon was hugging Hakyeon on the floor, nuzzling his cheeks in the crook of the latter's neck.

"Woah," Hakyeon laughed and rubbed the hybrid's ears with his fingertips. "What's with this sudden affection?"

He placed his hands onto the hybrid's hip and perked his head up a little, noticingTaekwoon's tail kept to the side. Strange, it had always curled up nicely but it didn't today, which made a sudden realisation hit Hakyeon.

"Sweetie, are you in heat?", Hakyeon asked and helped the both of them up to their feet.

Taekwoon shrugged and continued to cling onto Hakyeon. "Maybe? My lower abdomen's just very uncomfortable, Hakyeon."

Even in human form, Hakyeon could feel heat radiating off from the hybrid. He felt a little panicked because he wasn't sure how to care for hybrids in heat and clearly, asking Wonshik was no longer a valid option for him.

"W-what would you usually do? When you're in heat?"

"Nothing," Taekwoon mumbled and rubbed his cheek against Hakyeon's arm. "I just wait for the pain to go away. It'll go eventually, in a week or so."

The human sighed and planted a kiss atop of Taekwoon's head. "I'll cancel my dance lessons today. Let's get you checked up at Doctor Hyuk's."

Taekwoon shook his head vigorously and whined out loud. The human knew he hated visiting such places, but there wasn't a choice. Hakyeon couldn't bear to see Taekwoon writhe around in pain all week and he needed some answers for future cases.

"Come on, it's just for while. Also, Hyuk and Hong Bin are nice people right? Hm?", Hakyeon smiled as he rubbed the back of Taekwoon's ears again.

He purred softly. "Then can we coffee from Starbucks afterwards?"

"Of course," Hakyeon chuckled at Taekwoon's little request and lifted the latter's chin gently. "Let's get ready okay?"

Taekwoon gave Hakyeon a meek nod and playfully jumped to peck Hakyeon on the lips. The human giggled and watched as Taekwoon changed back to his animal form and quickly went upstairs. Cute.

•••••

The drive to the clinic could've been short, if it wasn't for Taekwoon's constant clinging. Hakyeon found it near impossible to drive properly with Taekwoon gripping his arms around the human's waist. He was about to yell, but bit his inner cheeks to hold himself back. This behaviour wasn't Taekwoon's fault and it would've been a dick move if he'd shouted at the hybrid.