:,)

Leo woke up to the sound of the door closing. He took a good look around and found himself lying on Hakyeon's bed again. The sky was dark with the moon to accompany it and the cat was sure that night had fallen.

9.30pm.

Leo listened carefully, his ears pointing right up. Hakyeon wasn't at home, he was certain because it was awfully quiet and he couldn't smell the faint scent of the human. The cat exited the room and went down cautiously with his crutches. When he'd made it down, a metal container was found on the dining table along with a small note. Leo couldn't read because no one had ever taught him how to and it wasn't as if he had the means to either. However he could vaguely make out the word 'Leo' on the piece of paper.

The cat lifted the container and opened its lid, revealing the contents inside of it. Leo took a whiff of the delicious aroma that came from the fried rice and immediately searched the kitchen for a spoon. His tummy unconsciously rumbled as he gulped down the rice. Undoubtedly, it had to be made by Hakyeon before he had left.

"What's his deal," Leo whispered and thought of the incident earlier that day.

°•°•°•°•°•°

Hakyeon pulled over and jogged to Wonshik's apartment, banging the door repeatedly till the younger opened it.

"We need to talk," Hakyeon frowned and let himself in.

"About what?"

The older one scoffed. "Yah! Don't play dumb with me Wonshik. How could you speak to Leo like that? Do you have any idea how hurt he looked?"

Hakyeon remembered the hurt he'd seen from Leo's eyes when he first entered the car. It was only a glimpse but it was good enough as a resolve for Hakyeon.

"It's true that it is a bet, is it not?", Wonshik placed his hand on both sides of his hips.

"No. Not anymore. I don't fucking care if I lose or win just apologise and see Leo again," Hakyeon demanded. "He's always speaking of you and clearly, Leo misses you."

The younger one shrugged and averted his stare away from Hakyeon's. "I don't miss him. That's why I told him not to come back."

"Wonshik this isn't like you-"

"Hakyeon-hyung?"

Both the humans stopped and looked over to see Jaehwan rubbing his eyes. The poor hybrid must've woke up from their loud conversation and was now walking towards Wonshik.

"Leave. We'll talk another day," Wonshik grabbed Hakyeon by the arm and brought him outside.

The door slammed shut in front of Hakyeon, causing him to curse out loudly at Wonshik's manners and actions. At least Hakyeon could confirm Wonshik did say those words to Leo, but he still couldn't understand why. He balled his fists and made it back to his car, driving away.

°•°•°•°•°

The main door clicked open and Leo went hiding into a corner of the kitchen. The scent of Hakyeon hit his nose, but he soon registered another two scents coming from Hakyeon's clothes. Leo took a deep breath in and started recognising the scents and where they came from.

"You went to Wonshik's," Leo exclaimed as he limped out of the kitchen.

His crutches were laying on the couch in the living room and he couldn't be bothered to use them. Hakyeon smiled weakly and set his keys aside, running fingers through his hair.

"Yes I did-"

"What did he say? H-How is he?", the hybrid asked a little too quickly.

Hakyeon bit his lip. "For someone who has said nothing but words that have clearly hurt you, you seem awfully concerned about him."

Leo's ears drooped a bit as his tail swished left and right rapidly. "Is it wrong to?"

Hakyeon heaved a heavy sigh and shook his head, walking past the hybrid while answering as he walked up the stairs.

"No. I'm just baffled as to why."

Leo stared at Hakyeon as he disappeared into his room and locked the door behind him. The hybrid couldn't understand why Hakyeon acted that way and mustered enough energy to change into his animal form. He crawled up the stairs and used his paws to scratch against the door, hoping that Hakyeon would open it.

The human groaned as he heard Leo's meowing from inside. He wanted to block out the sound and continue avoiding the cat but he just didn't have the heart to do it.

"Leo," Hakyeon sighed for the umpteenth time as he swung opened the door.

The cat changed back into his hybrid form and looked right at Hakyeon. "Take me to see Wonshik."

"N-No! I mean, not yet. Next week okay? When your leg gets a bit better," Hakyeon lied. "Next week I promise."

The cat hummed and decided to go with it, even though he very much wanted to see Wonshik again right now. The human rummaged his closet and lazily tossed his pyjamas across his shoulder. He muttered a goodnight to Leo and exited the room.

°•°•°•°•°

Hakyeon settled himself onto the couch again, burying his whole face with the blanket. It was colder in the living room than his room, but he figured keeping Leo warm was better. His eyelids got heavier by the minute and Hakyeon was close to slumber when he heard a voice.

"Hakyeon."

He ignored it.

"Hakyeon."

There it was again.

"Hakyeon," Leo whined and poked the human.

Hakyeon groaned and removed the blanket that was covering his face. "Leo go back to sleep."

The cat grabbed his tail in between his hands. "I can't. The night light's broken."

"The wha-?"

"Night light. I think it short fused," Leo said as he tugged Hakyeon's blanket.

The human sat up and rub the back of his head. It was definitely too late to go out and buy another night light, and obviously he was too tired to bother finding a spare one.

"We'll get a new one tomorrow when it's bright," Hakyeon yawned. "Go back to sleep first."

The cat looked at Hakyeon expectantly with big eyes. Hakyeon had a hunch that Leo wasn't going back up on his own and decided to follow him back upstairs.

"Are you afraid of the dark?", Hakyeon asked softly as he tucked Leo in bed.

He made he way to the other side of the bed and left a small gap in between them, just for personal space. The cat suddenly wrapped the end of his tail around Hakyeon's ankle, letting the human know that firstly, Leo was afraid of the dark and secondly, that he was still afraid even with Hakyeon's presence.

"Unwrap your tail Leo. I'll hold your hand," Hakyeon suggested and reached out for Leo's hands.

The hybrid purred and slowly fell asleep with Hakyeon, their hands never leaving each other's.