Letter 2

i saw you today. you were wearing an old sweater of yours, that navy blue one i saw you in for the first time. over a year and a half later, you still own that sweater.

it gave me flashbacks. one was a flashback to the first time we had ever crossed paths. the first time i saw you. it was on my first day in junior year. i'd missed the first week, and went inside pretty anxious, not knowing what to expect. then, i saw you. you were wearing the navy blue sweater you wore today, and you were running off somewhere. you looked upset. i wanted to follow you, but when i saw you, everything froze.

it was as if time had stopped. my whole body froze in place as i stared at your small, upset, running figure. your presence captivated me. my lungs stopped working, and, for a second there, i forgot how to breathe. the only thing that was moving was my thumping heart. your chocolate eyes were brimmed with tears under your glasses, and your dark brown hair was tied in a ponytail that flew behind you as you moved forward.

it was as if my brain stopped functioning after i had seen you. you were breathtakingly beautiful. it stopped me from following you to see what was wrong. i couldn't move from my spot. i just stared at you until you turned, looked me dead in the eye for just a second, and disappeared behind a corner.

as much as that look made my whole day, i wish i hadn't gotten it.

i really damn wish i had just followed you instead.

maybe i could have stopped what happened next.

i just noticed i didn't change much in the letters lol. anyway, i'm creating a playlist for the book. i have 10 songs so far and i need about 20 or so. so, tell me,what are songs that this book remind you of? or, what are songs that you can associate with the events of the book?

thank u for reading xx