Chapter 5 : I'm a black cat !

I just don't understand ! Call me a curse , a malediction , a damning , even a black cat for all I know , even that wouldn't explain the fact that the person I met once , like one time in my miserable whole damned life _not a very nice acquaintance though _ but just think about it, the very same human is operating in an emergency room because he tried to kill himself ,  he committed suicide for god's sake !

Suicide...

The Jake I met 5 days ago wouldn't do that , the all I'm-the-hottest-dude-on-this-planet kind of guy , the Jake that thinks that the world turns around him , the person that's got me fainting from the lack of anger , the one that made me laugh , is the Jake that ended his life !

    It's impossible ! I just can't get the idea
through my head , it's absolutely illogical .

I stared at the emergency room door blankly , still not understanding a thing , trying to solve the reckless enigma , and yeah biting my thumb like usual . Amalia came to my side holding me by the shoulders .

She knew , I was in total shock . Like what , it's not everyday that you find out that a person you just met tried to bloody kill themself , or is it ?

Well unless you're a black cat like me , Horaaay !!

Amalia moved me to the chair next the emergency room , still holding me tight . She looked at me with worry and of course Curiosity and whispered : " Sit down , tell me what's happening ? How do you know him ?"

Told ya , she ain't gonna let me get away with this .

"He .. his name is Jake , I met him once here , at the hospital.." I blurted out the words mindlessly .

"Ohh , so ..?" Amalia was about to ask other tons of question , but was luckily interrupted .

" You really know him , don't you ? " A manly deep voice sounded from behind surprised.

I turned around to figure out who the person was . It was the man I saw earlier with Jake , maybe his father . He got closer to me :

"Miss , has he talked to you before ? Did he tell you  anything ?"

" Yes , I do .. But .." I told him , and then it shot me like lightning . It came back to me that I caught him crying in my room , he looked really depressed and down . It really went out of my stupid mind , it explains it all . Then , there is a reason behind this suicide .

I need to find out , what would make a guy like Jake choose to take away his own life ?

He looked at me confused , his eyes were pleading for me to continue , so I spat it out :

" I remember that when I first met him , I caught him crying in my room , he looked very hurt and depressed . But still I didn't expect that to happen , sure he looked kinda sad and unhappy, but not to this point , I never would have thought he would ... Do that . He looked confident and proud , I guess "

" He is confident , rather he was . A lot has happened to Master Jake . I would have died of sorrow long ago if I were him , poor kid ." He suddenly refrained from talking , taking a sharp breath as if he was about to reveal a dark deep secret .His eyes turned hollow , his face getting darker .

Seems like Jake really suffered for real if it was as hard as this man described it . I really feel bad for screaming at him now , he was apparently depressed because of something real bad , and I only made it even worse .

Wonderful job , Alice . Way to go !

The man let out a loud gasp , like he was carrying a whole building on his shoulders.