Chapter 8 : Friends

It has been about 4 days , since Jake came to the hospital . We bonded a good friendship if we can call it that , in such a small lapse of time . We started meeting each other almost every day in our secret little spot .

It all started the second day , when I went to check on him , he was all alone in the room .I thought his sister would there , so now it really felt awkward that it was just me and him in this room . It was too late to go back , because I was already under his intimidating gaze . So I walked past the judgement door , to face my fate .

"Hey ." I said with a squeaky voice .

" Hi, missed me ?" he joked .

"No , I didn't . So , um . Who's it going ?"

" Dunno , I am so damn bored , this place is so dull ."

" Tell me about it , but ..." I refrained from talking .

" What ?" he asked .

"Haha , nothing "

" Just tell me , feel  free to talk while with me , it's not like you didn't do that before ! " he blurted carelessly .

" Um , there's a place here , it's like my private spot so ,.."

" Oh really why won't we go there , it can be kinda fun . " he announced.

" Sure let's go , follow me ."

                                                         §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

We went up the stairs until we reached the roof -yeah that's my spot - . Jake looked at me with a underestimating look . 

" You know , this place may seem dirty and lifeless to you, but for me it's just a place that makes me feel free , I would just look down from here , and everything seems so small , buildings , people going back and forth . It reminds me that even though I'm trapped here no one cares . Whatever happens to me to me , people just go on and on with their life , like I don't exist, like am nothing  . It's just exasperating sometimes ." I went to the edge and looked down and started talking .

" I must be bothering you with all this talking , I got drifted  " I justified .

" No , No , I felt exactly the same , people just don't value us . They make us feel , worthless and futile . But , this can't stop us , I figured this out . We should challenge those who belittle us , we have to be fighters , live for the better , live for ourselves despite their negative judgements  , so Alice let's fight . " He replied patting my shoulders .

These words , they were so deep and wise . I've never expected a person like him would be this thoughtful and aware . Then and again , first impressions can always be wrong .

" But what if I can't ? What if I really don't have enough power to ? What if I don't have time ?" I asked confused .

"That's what they want you to think , they want to make you desperate . Time is just an illusion , you can live for seconds but do the best thing in the world , and it is to be happy and make people happy " he declared .

The way he opened up , it made me feel alive and special . It was the first that I got aware that I did matter , that I was not a burden to anyone like I always thought I was .

" I guess you're right ." I stated .

" When I think you really doubted about it , Girl , I am always right "

" Here we go again " I said rolling my eyes at him .

We sat on the floor , both of us lost in our ow thoughts . I suddenly remembered Amalia , I was used to coming with her here , to talk to laugh and enjoy our time together . I feel really bad , because I lied to her . I made a huge mistake , and I am enduring the harsh consequences of my stubborness.

" What are you thinking about ? you've been frowning and biting your thumb for about 5 minutes now ." he questioned.

"Actually , it's about my bestfriend ." I informed him .

                                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flashback :

" What !?" Amalia screamed " Alice , tell me this is not true , she's lying isn't she ?  tell me ! "

"I , I , Amy , I can explain .. " I tried to convince her .

" I don't want any explanation , my question was clear , is it true or not ?" she repeated .

" Yes , it's true . "

She got up , gathered her belongings  and said with anger : " I'm leaving ! " and she disappeared.

Claire was looking horrified after this : " I'm so sorry , so terribly sorry Ally , I didn't mean for this to happen . "

" Don't feel guilty , it was all my fault , but does Jake or anyone know about this ?" I persuaded her .

" No , it's just me , I immediately came to you after hearing it . "

" Good , just don't tell anyone , that would be better . " I advised .

" Sure , whatever you want Ally " She added" I've got to go now , here's my phone number if you need anything, like anything " puting a card on my hand .

And, like always , I was left alone in this dark room regret invading every single part of brain .

                                              §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

" Alice , Earth's calling for Alice " Jake's voice sounded .

" Stop , I just snapped out for a minute ."

"Yeah , yeah , like usual , you were telling you did something bad to your friend " he reminded me .

"Yes , I hided a huge truth from her , and she found out later .  Now she probably hates me . She's never texted me or called me after that incident " I told him .

" She doesn't hate you , she wouldn't be that mad if she didn't care about you. She just needs some time to figure it all out ." he said trying to convince .

" Thank you , talking to you really helped getting my morals up . Wanna be friends ? " I offered , expanding mu hand towards him .

" Hmmm , yeah , that would be it for now " he said shaking my hand . "But hey , there are plenty of other methods that I can use to cheer you up  , you just need to ask " He added getting menacingly closer .

" Get off , gross pig . " I said pushing him off me .

And  the day went on like that ....

A/N:

For me , this chapter was the cutest so far . I hope you all liked it it .

Enjoooooy !