Chapter 6 : Like a corpse in a coffin

The room was as dim and sad as mine was , everything screamed pain . A pain , that I've experienced, that I've lived . But , today I was sure Jake was feeling it too . He was lying on his bed , like a corpse in a coffin , I could tell he was totally devastated .

His sister was now hugging him , pleading him to wake up . She was crying her heart out , and I perfectly understood , her brother was no way near fine .

I was standing in the corner of the room , watching this sorrowful scenery . Suddenly, he started opening  opened his eyes slowly .

As they say ,  eyes are a mirror of people's souls , reflecting their state of mind , and their deep down ducked feelings . And I surely believed at that now That I spotted his , eyes full of hollowness and emptiness  .

You may live for days without food or water , but let me tell you , you can't live a tiny second without hope . And that's exactly what Jake was lacking .

He started moving , trying to get in a sitting position. When his sister noticed that , delighted , she helped him get up . And it was all good , until she started lifting up her sleeves , while I was looking at her confused.

Like what would you roll up your sleeves for .. unless !

Then , that woman did something I didn't expect at all !

She slapped, she slapped Jake , I'm not lying she just actually did that , she just smacked her palm right on his cheek , now all red and swollen.

« Clay!! what the heck ? » he screamed, dumbfounded by her gesture .

« Shut up , dumb ass , why 'd you do this? are you out of your fucking mind ? »
He couldn't lift up her eyes to hers , he was probably ashamed.

« Didn't you think of me ? Did you I would just move on and live a happily ever after ? Do you how much I was scared ? I was terrified I would lose you !! » she howled at him , her eyes tearing up .

« But you know what , you wanted die right , don't worry I'll do that for you ..»
and again she started beating him up like a small kid .

« Stop it , clay » Jake whined .

Oh my god ! That's just too awesome to watch . Jake getting beaten up by his own sister , that's not a sight you get to see everyday .Plus, his sister is just so amazing ! She was grounding him like 4 year old without him doing anything about it .

May your dignity rest in peace Jake Cooper.

Amen..

I just couldn't get myself to stop laughing, I even started tearing up , and my stomach was about to burst from the all the  laughing .

Suddenly , I noticed all I could hear were my loud snorty laughter, I lifted up my head just to find everybody eyeing like I was a drunken dancing monkey in a zoo cage .

« hehehe .. hm ..hm ..sorry » I was terribly embarrassed .

« who are you , miss ? » Jake's sister asked .

« me , I um .. » I said taken aback by the sudden question .

« Don't mind her , she's just an annoying piece of trash .» Jake blurted not giving me a single glance .

« What did you just say ? » I said not believing what I just heard .

«  an-n-o-yi-ng pie-ce of  tr-a-sh » he spelled softly .

« And you are an ass-ho-le » I responded imitating him with an evil smirk .

« Know what ,  go to hell ! »

« Dude , nah , too bad , since I'll being seeing your ugly face there , soon enough ! »

« Ouuuhh , omagahhhh , high five gurl , you got this ! » she said raising her hand , so we'd high five .

« Clay , aren't you supposed to be on my side ?» he demanded sarcastically .

« Not anymore .» Clay said sticking her tongue at her brother .

« Oh sorry , what was your name again ? » she asked .

" I'm Alice , you can call me Ally . "

"I'm Claire , as you heard that stupid thing  say , you may call me Clay .  But hey , I didn't know Jake had cool friends like you ".

« Nah , I'm not his friend , he's just an acquaintance, I guess"

« Makes sense , he's too dumb to have good people like you as friends "

« Hey ! I think I am here too .. » he stated.

« HELLOOO ... » he started shouting annoyingly .

"SHUT UP !" we said in unison , and we started laughing again .

But we soon got interrupted , when an intimidating old couple crossed the room entrance , silencing every one in it , including Jake , whose face turned extremely dark and dangerous .

The woman eyed me from head to toes with a raised refined eyebrow , and cleared her throat as a sign that my presence was not very unwanted in this territory .

The message was clear and neat and well transmitted , I had to get the hell out of this place . As I was about to leave ..

"Alice , wait !" Jake called out to me . I turned my head to figure out what he was trying to tell me.

" Thanks , for .. everything " he announced shockingly .

I smiled making a last glance at him and Clay , and got out to find a very curious Amalia waiting for me .

A/N:

Hey dear readers it's been a very long time since's I've written chapter , it's quite a long one so enjoy it , and check out Claire's picture .

Which character do you like the most ? And where are you from ?