ONE

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter One! ]

Tinder relationships almost never work out. The only good thing that comes from it is a one night stand. Someone to think about and lust over for a weekend or a week and then move onto to the next. If it lasts longer than a month, you're lucky. That's what people seem to think. Or at least, thats what twenty-one year olds seem to think. Well, most anyway.

Eliza McKinley walked down the strip in Tampa. The breeze picked up ruffling her blonde-ish curled hair and loose black t-shirt dress. Her cherry red converse slapped across the pavement as she strolled down the busy street with a small smirk on her face.

It was a Friday night, perfect for a night downtown with the girls, or a cozy night in with the significant other.

Besides not having a boyfriend, Eliza chose to stay inside eating the rest of her leftover pizza from the night before whilst rewatching episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The night was destined to be causal yet nice. That all changed when the boy she had been texting over Tinder, suggested they finally meet.

The newly single university student was ready for a rebound. Something to keep her mind off things for a few months, tops. Brayden seemed to be the perfect guy. They had matched on Tinder and started talking, both having so much in common.

Of course when he asked if she wanted to meet up that night, Eliza was quick to agree, however that didn't stop her heart from dropping at the thought of leaving her house.

Once she did, she didn't look back. This was exciting, unpredictable and new. She couldn't remember the last time she had gone downtown where the palm tress were illuminated with lights and the streets were buzzing with people.

Eliza paused in front of the Starbucks, pulling out her phone to double-check this was the spot they were meeting up. She stifled the small yawn that forced its way out of her mouth as she glanced at the time.

10:42 p.m.

The duo decided it would be best to hold off on the official date and just get ice cream with it being so late. Not that Eliza was complaining, she was relieved; she hated formal things. Ice cream was more than good.

Eliza stood there for a few minutes, nervously biting her lip as her foot tapped the ground impatiently. She hoped she didn't screw up the meeting location, she prayed to God she wasn't being stood up. She's had her fair share of that.

The blonde looked both ways down the crowded street as her back fell against the building. Eliza debated whether or not she would have to go in and order a coffee for her camp out outside.

Another ten minutes rolled around and just when the young girl was about to give up and leave, a boy started jogging down the street in her direction.

Hope flared up in her chest as stopped in front of Eliza, his hair a disheveled mess and his breath coming in rapid pants. "Hi," she spoke softly, a small giggle escaping her mouth.

The young girl couldn't help but smile as he hunched over, his finger up in the air as a gesture for her to hold on a moment. She shifted her weight after a few minutes, still finding this quite amusing. "Sorry I'm late," he finally sputtered out, Eliza's grin widening. "Eliza, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Brayden."